ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

How's the apocalypse treating you all?

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Re: How's the apocalypse treating you all?

Postby Lazzah » Thu May 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Now I am retired I am not on furlough, and as my partner and I recently moved home to Clacton-on-Sea, I have been very busy around the bungalow. Nevertheless, I have been working on my latest effort, Return to Castle Coris. However, I am trying to think of a different title, as 99% of the gameplay takes place in locations other than Castle Coris! Suggestions on a postcard to.....
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby Lumin » Fri May 29, 2020 5:51 am

Well I've been back at work a few weeks...not back to the same hours I had, but the same number of days. (which is honestly pretty annoying because it means I'm once again getting wiped out by a sleep schedule I've spent years unsuccessfully trying to adjust to and having productivity suffer, but now for half the pay...)

Oh and I hear Theo's city is being actively set on fire.

2020 has been such a fun year so far.
Lumin

Postby P/o Prune » Sat May 30, 2020 7:13 am

I've been home since March 16. We've had a few days with lousy weather but generally it's been good, so the garden looks absolutely stunning :yeah:
I have pretty much finished JaFT (Lazzah is beta testing for the moment) and I have managed to do a little work on my Spitfire model in the garage.
On the bleak side. Presently SAS are planning laying off 110 out of 380 people in technical department. Will I be amongst them? I have no idea. We have been doing a little math and we should be able to stay in the house if worst comes to worst. But I sure am going to miss the guys out there.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lazzah » Sat May 30, 2020 7:45 am

P/o Prune wrote:On the bleak side. Presently SAS are planning laying off 110 out of 380 people in technical department. Will I be amongst them? I have no idea. We have been doing a little math and we should be able to stay in the house if worst comes to worst. But I sure am going to miss the guys out there.

Early retirement? :whistle:
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby Lumin » Sat May 30, 2020 12:14 pm

Urgh, mass layoffs always suck. Hope you're not on the chopping block. I know a guy that recently got told he had to fire a bunch of people in his department. One of them had worked there 26 years and he felt awful about it.
Lumin

Postby David Whyld » Sat May 30, 2020 12:40 pm

There were rumours of redundancies where I work before we got furlough, but I haven't heard anything about it since. I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that because now, with the way things are, getting a new job won't be easy.
David Whyld

Postby The0didactus » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:20 pm

Hello from Minneapolis!
it's been a wild few days.

Some general updates:

* it's very peaceful where I am. There are broken windows but that's it. Last night I didn't even hear choppers
* curfew is being very, very strictly enforced. I'm sure many of you have seen videos.
* Mass transit is completely shut down
* I'd be having a MUCH worse day, except the supermarkets opened up, so at least I have corned beef.
The0didactus

Postby Cricket » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:31 pm

This year sucks.
Cricket

Postby P/o Prune » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Cricket wrote:This year sucks.

Depends …
Weather is pretty ok.
My wife still loves me.
My dog still think I'm the salt of the Earth.
AND my cancer hasn't come back. :wink:
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lazzah » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:17 pm

P/o Prune wrote:

Depends …
Weather is pretty ok.
My wife still loves me.

All in all, despite the Corvid-19 crisis, that is something worth celebrating! :claps: :yeah: :D
Lazzah

Postby P/o Prune » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:36 am

Lazzah wrote:
P/o Prune wrote:

Depends …
Weather is pretty ok.
My wife still loves me.

All in all, despite the Corvid-19 crisis, that is something worth celebrating! :claps: :yeah: :D

I thought as much :yeah: :wink:
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lumin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:43 am

I've been lucky so far that none of the major stuff this year has affected me too much, beyond making it a huge downer and a little scary to watch the news.

Of course hurricane season just started here, and since 2020 seems determined to pummel everybody senseless I'm a little worried.

Kind of bracing to see how bad the Covid resurgence is going to be in the US, as well as some other potentially very not good things on the horizon due to recent events.
Lumin

Previous

Return to Drifting Off-Topic