ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Introducing ourselves - Share a little about yourself

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Re: Introducing ourselves - Share a little about yourself

Postby Po. Prune » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 am

Lazzah, Have you tried the program called Calibre? I'm not sure if it works with Kindle though, but I use it when I have purchased Kindle books and want to read them on my tablet.
It works like a charm.
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby Lazzah » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Po. Prune wrote:Lazzah, Have you tried the program called Calibre? I'm not sure if it works with Kindle though, but I use it when I have purchased Kindle books and want to read them on my tablet.
It works like a charm.

No, never heard of it TBQH. :)
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby Infected Behaviour » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:51 am

Hello everyone, Nice to see a lot of friendly people.

Hmm what to say about myself. I'm 34, From South Africa. I'm a Natural Healer, Reiki Master and Spiritual Life Coach. Think I've been a gamer as long as I can remember (Most likely crawled out of my crib to grab the Atari Controller). I sometimes write stories and most of my friends have told me to try make a game from one of the stories and I've been wanting to make a game for a good while now. Tried all sorts of software, Either far to complicated or really frustrating. Tried Quest, Didn't get to far with that since a bug kept me from continuing the game I was making. I eventually found Adrift last year and totally forgot about it till I stumbled on the Adrift software on my computer (About a month ago). Saw how simple it was and liked what I saw. Still learning and trying to understand a few things but I'll eventually get there.

Not use to this whole forum way yet but just let me know if I posted in the wrong place rofl it happens.
Infected Behaviour

Postby Po. Prune » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:42 am

Hi there (IB)
Welcome to our little corner of the universe. I'm sure you'll find us all a very nice bunch of people, except ... rofl
No, honestly, we're all very nice here. You may find the forum a bit quiet from time to time but don't let that stop you from posting comments or questions. Someone's bound to come around and answer them. We've got two really talented experts (apart from Campbell himself, of course) Elliot, and Saabie.
Anyway, get on with your game. We're looking forward to hear more about it.
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby Infected Behaviour » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:41 pm

Thanks Prune and yes I've noticed that people here are friendly. Elliot is already helping me with something and good to know about Saabie. Will post about my game once I've learnt more about Adrift and the more I learn, The more I like :yeah:
Infected Behaviour

Postby David Whyld » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Po. Prune wrote:Lazzah, Have you tried the program called Calibre? I'm not sure if it works with Kindle though, but I use it when I have purchased Kindle books and want to read them on my tablet.
It works like a charm.

I can confirm that Calibre works fine on my Kindle.
David Whyld

Postby Desolate Sun » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi. New guy here. I'm in college for computer science. I occasionally DM tabletop RPGs. I would like to be able to make a few really good IF games with adrift. Someday I might like to work on video games. :yeah:
Desolate Sun

Postby ParadoxGames » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:06 pm

You know, I never entered myself in this thread.

I've become interested in screenwriting, and had always wanted to write a text adventure. Last year, my friend, who is taking college courses in writing, told me he had to write a text adventure of his own for class, and he told me there was a computer program for it. It turned out to be TWINE. It was wholly inadequate for my wishes. So I went looking on my own and discovered ADRIFT (and others, but I preferred ADRIFT). And this was my path to here.

I'm also a child of the 1980s who played a lot of the classic text and adventure games in their day, so I'm old school and will probably always use the term TEXT ADVENTURE, not getting used to INTERACTIVE FICTION.

I've been working on my first adventure for 9 months, learning AFRIFT as I go along, and revising frequently to reflect the new things I learn.
ParadoxGames

Previous

Return to Drifting Off-Topic