ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Old forum question

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Postby J. J. Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:16 pm

Does anyone here remember a 'Drifter called Dr.Nemesis who posted quite a bit on the old forum?
In Progress: Alias "The Magpie", The Numberless Knots of Fohat

Visit my website:
http://www.jjguest.com
for Escape from the Crazy Place and The Visitation
J. J. Guest

Postby MileStyle » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:24 pm

Vaguely. Why?
What, can the Devil speak true?
MileStyle

Postby J. J. Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:33 pm

I met him! In real life! His name's Leo and he's doing work experience at the animation studio I work at. He was watching me work (on the Euro 2004 animation for the BBC) and when I finished I took a look at the forum. His eyes lit up and he told me he used to post here. It was very strange talking about the likes of yourself, Mystery and David Good with a real in-the-flesh 'Drifter. He stopped using ADRIFT when it became shareware.

Visit my website:
J. J. Guest

Postby Mystery » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:49 am

That had to be neat and kind of strange at the same time. If you could meet a few drifters in person, who would you want to meet? (Campbell aside, because I think we'd all love to meet him.)
~Myst~
Mystery

Postby davidw » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:23 am

The Amazing Poodle Boy wrote:He stopped using ADRIFT when it became shareware.

Didn't Nemesis used to post here in the good ol' days of V3.9? Which is still freeware.
davidw

Postby J. J. Guest » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:52 am

davidw wrote:
The Amazing Poodle Boy wrote:He stopped using ADRIFT when it became shareware.

Didn't Nemesis used to post here in the good ol' days of V3.9? Which is still freeware.

Yes, that's right. I think he lost interest in ADRIFT because he didn't want to pay for the advanced features in 4.0 and after that 3.9 was never quite the same. Has anyone else met another 'Drifter (or RAIFer) by chance? I wonder what the chances are.

Visit my website:
J. J. Guest

Postby davidw » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:04 pm

I'm currently sitting in my office eating my dinner. From time to time I'll lean over to the window and wave.

So any Drifters passing by an office block who happen up when I'm waving will know it's me.
davidw

Postby NickyDude » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:51 pm

Did you see me davidw? I was the one with the hat.
ImageI reject your reality and substitute my own...
NickyDude

Postby davidw » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:41 pm

Nope. Must have missed you. :(
davidw

Postby J. J. Guest » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:03 pm

Mystery wrote:That had to be neat and kind of strange at the same time. If you could meet a few drifters in person, who would you want to meet? (Campbell aside, because I think we'd all love to meet him.)

Naturally you're my favourite 'Drifter Mystery, so you'd be top of the list. I'd also like to meet Milestyle so I could kick him up the arse for tantalizing us all for years with really good game ideas and never releasing any. I'd also like to watch davidw in action writing a game. Is it true the keyboard actually smokes? :D

Visit my website:
J. J. Guest

Postby davidw » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:49 pm

Yep. It's got this slot in the side where I insert the ciggies and it then proceeds to fill the room with clouds of poisonous vapour.

I've found it helps in the creative thought process.
davidw

Postby Mystery » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:12 am

The Amazing Poodle Boy wrote:
Mystery wrote:That had to be neat and kind of strange at the same time. If you could meet a few drifters in person, who would you want to meet? (Campbell aside, because I think we'd all love to meet him.)

Naturally you're my favourite 'Drifter Mystery, so you'd be top of the list. I'd also like to meet Milestyle so I could kick him up the arse for tantalizing us all for years with really good game ideas and never releasing any. I'd also like to watch davidw in action writing a game. Is it true the keyboard actually smokes? :D

I'd definitely want to meet you, Mile, KF, and some of the younger drifters like Monk, DS, and Woodfish. I would also like to meet NickyDude, Cannibal, and maybe davidw....although I think I might scare him a bit in real life :D. There are quite a few that I certainly enjoy conversing with on and off the forum...though it is usually me asking for advise or help...and a very select few that I share deep, dark secrets with....You know who you are.

Honestly, I love this community and love getting to know some of you on and off the forum. It is really interesting to meet people, literally, form all over the world and share personal and culteral experiences and differences. I thank all of you that are so kind and are willing to share your lives with me.

*Terribly sorry if that sounded like a mushy woman moment. All I can say is I very much enjoy your company. I also say thank you because my family has also had the honor of meeting some of you and found the experience very enlightening and quite entertaining.*
~Myst~
Mystery

Postby The Mad Monk » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:21 pm

Mystery wrote:I'd definitely want to meet you, Mile, KF, and some of the younger drifters like Monk, DS, and Woodfish.

Well, who WOULDN'T like to meet me? ;/
In related news, Kenneth Ham reveals that he knows precisely squat about fossils. Film at eleven.

That's Poodle's lovely avatar up there...
The Mad Monk

Postby davidw » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:17 pm

I take it that's a rhetorical question? 8)
davidw

Postby MileStyle » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:46 pm

The Mad Monk wrote:Well, who WOULDN'T like to meet me? ;/

Girls.
What, can the Devil speak true?
MileStyle

Next

Return to Drifting Off-Topic