ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Favourite Non-IF Game

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Postby David Whyld » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:11 pm

What's your favourite game outside of the IF world?

Mine would have to be Baldur's Gate 2, followed a close second by Baldur's Gate 1.
##################################

In progress: Shadows of the Mind 87k and counting. ETA: sometime in 2018.
David Whyld

Postby red assassin » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:50 pm

Difficult question. Hmmmm.
I guess it's got to be X2: The Threat for being so open ended (and it looks fantastic!). Morrowind is pretty close, but I haven't had time to explore it fully yet. Operation Flashpoint is good cos of the amount you can do with user addons and the mission editor. Rome: Total War is the best strategy game out there because it includes strategy. Unreal Tournament 2004 is great for online play...

I could go on.
Currently in progress:
Lots of games.
Honest.
<.<
>.>
red assassin

Postby rotter » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:55 pm

At the moment I'm hooked again on Thief, Deadly Shadows (for the PC).
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Postby Chenshaw » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:49 am

Hmmm... can it be a board game? :D

I have a feeling I'm the only one around here who never plays any other type of game (well, almost never. I have The Sims, Caesar III and Civilization something or other, although I haven't played any of them in about a year). And unless you count that dance mat thing, which is suprisingly fun with a few crazy friends, I haven't even played a Playstation game in my life.

Oh, I just remembered, I liked the PC game 'Riddle of the Sphinx' which I played a few years ago.

Sad, isn't it (:)
Beware, leonine fire dragon on the loose...
Chenshaw

Postby Shuarian » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:55 pm

Hm, the two games I play the most (since years) are 'Sensible World Of Soccer '96/'97' (an old Commdore Amiga game I play through an emulator) and 'FIFA 2002'. I also used to play 'Medieval: Total War' quite often.
However, I wouldn't call them the best games I've played. That award would go to 'Another World', 'Erben der Erde' (a German adventure) and the original 'Worms'. Although this award is more based on fond memories than on actual facts..

Many thanks for bringing this topic up, btw, because else I wouldn't have remembered 'Another World' and 'Erben der Erde'; they somehow totally slipt out of my memory..
Shuarian

Return to Drifting Off-Topic