ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Ideas?

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Ideas?

Postby Samkid882 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:57 pm

Any ideas? I've been having some pretty bad ideas lately, and I want to have other people share their ideas on this thread, so feel free to express!
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Re: Ideas?

Postby Samkid882 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:18 pm

Okay, no responses after a while... how sad :(
that's okay, I can always think EXTRA HARD!!! O_o
I'm Batman
Samkid882

Postby Campbell » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 pm

How about a story where you're Batman?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby P/o Prune » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:07 am

Put on your thinking cap...
What subject interest you? Is there a book or a movie you can use as background for your game?
It's very hard for others to come up with an idea for a game that you can write. Especially since we don't know what goes on inside your mind.
Look at the outside wolrd... it's packed with stories.
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Mystery » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am

It's hard for me to come up with idea for a game I can write. You can write about anything and it be fantastic, implementing that into a playable game is a whole other story...and I know that can be difficult and probably contributes to why there are so many shorter games out there. What works for some may not work for others, so you just keep trying- Seriously, get you a blog or something so you can track your own progress- You'll be glad you did later on down the line.

Once you get an idea, flesh it out
    Make a list, kind of like this one- listing the key or focal points of the story
    If you get stuck, try planning the it backwards
    If that doesn't help, create a timelime or get some timeline software (probably some free resources out there-Google it. Then plan it in small steps until you have a complete story
    Make a list of puzzles you can implement into the game- a lot of ideas may spawn out of this- You may think of some fantastic puzzle, and start to mold your story a little better so they fit together seamlessly.
    Enlist the assistance of a beta-tester before you ever post a game- if you can't find one here, there are other places you can ask for a beta tester within the if community-
    Most important....don't rush. Really take a long time to flesh out your story, puzzles, and beta-test many many times. Think of it as some little alien plant life that needs nourishment and lots of delicate care in order for it to grow. Otherwise you'll rush it, kill it.....and what are you left with?

Take your time! Read, learn!
~Myst~
Mystery

Return to Drifting Off-Topic