ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Hey, it's stopped raining.......

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Hey, it's stopped raining.......

Postby Lazzah » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:34 pm

......here in London and I have actually been able to get out and do some work in the garden! I might even be able to mow the grass before it starts raining again, which the Met Office says is gonna happen about 5pm for an hour or so.

One good thing about all this rain - besides filling up all the reservoirs up and down the country - is that I have been able to get some work done on the two games I have on the go atm. "Fortress of Fear" is being playtested by two people, one of whom is quite a way ahead of the other guy, who is picking up things the first playtester missed. Work on "The Axe of Kolt" progresses slowly, although I am just doing a straight conversion from the original PAW version written for the Sinclair Spectrum, I am able to expand on the puzzles and scenarios that were in the original.

Anyway, I just thought I would share the above with my fellow Drifters wherever you are. There has been little activity on the forum the past few days, although I have seen people visiting when I have been having a look in.

Have a good day, y'all, I'm off back to the garden to scalp a few blades of grass!
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Re: Hey, it's stopped raining.......

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:09 pm

It's stopped here too... But no way I'm going out to do garden work. I'm sure there are sharks out there!
Apart from cleaning up the house (the wife is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning :shock: ) I've been working on D-Day and it is progressing nicely (yeah, right... easy for me to say 8) )
After (quite) a few let downs beta tester wise, I decided to post a request at the IntFiction website and would you believe it, someone actually volunteered to give SoC the final test. So, with a little bit of luck I should be able to release it wihtin the near future.

Oh, and I glued my Spit back together again... I had a small incident the last time I took her up.. I ran out of air under the wings and bright ideas approximately at the same time :?
Well... Nothing that a bit of glue couldn't fix, and a new spinner and engine cowling...
So, nice weather and calm wind the next week if you please! :yeah:

Oh, and I found this (very) old military bicycle. It weighs a ton but in working order (almost) I'm planning on sanding it down and painting it.
Anyone know the colour code for Airforce grey?

Stay dry out there... :wink:
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 Fourth beta test in progress.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Hey, it's stopped raining.......

Postby Lazzah » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Po. Prune wrote:It's stopped here too... But no way I'm going out to do garden work. I'm sure there are sharks out there!

Well, I didn't find any sharks, but I did find a red ant's nest. As I was mowing the grass (I cannot bestow the title "lawn" on the area of grass that makes up most of my back garden, it is too uneven and dotted with weeds) near the flower (a.k.a. weed) bed on the south side I noticed the blade of the mower had cut into dirt in a small spot about 15cm in diameter. As it had never done that before I lay down on the grass and had a closer look - and I saw the top of a red ant's nest with loads of the little blighters scurrying around trying to rescue piles of eggs which the blade of my mower had exposed.

I have just looked them up on the web and one website suggested a way of getting rid of them which involves a flowerpot and might make a nice puzzle in a game.
OUT NOW: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire and The Lost Children
Lazzah

Return to Drifting Off-Topic