ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

More Writing

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

More Writing

Postby Duncan_B » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to show you some writing I've been doing and talk about some ADRIFT games I'll be releasing soon. I've recently had a 90 word micro-fiction about mutant seagulls published here, a short horror story about a sleep deprived researcher, a voice-to-text machine, and a yeti published here, and I put up a little horror/comedy about a cursed keyboard on my blog, here. So: a little reading to distract you when you find the time and inclination.

I'm also preparing to release a couple of games for ADRIFT 4: Back Home (horror; originally by James Webb, it will be re-released as a collaboration) and The Hyperbola (a longer, but rather silly and surreal piece). The former should be out earlier than the latter, I expect. If you liked The Woods Are Dark, I suspect you will probably like Back Home. If you liked Invasion of the Second-Hand Shirts, you will probably like The Hyperbola.

Huzzah!
Duncan_B

Re: More Writing

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:41 am

It's good to see that you are still with us and that you are still active.
Looking forward to check out your games. Are you planning on entering the IfComp this year?
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Anno 1700 Submitted to the 2018 IFComp.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby David Whyld » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:58 pm

"At least someone is writing games these days," he says snootily, casting a disapproving eye at the other forum residents (and quietly hoping no one bothers to point out he hasn't written anything himself yet this year).
David Whyld

Postby P/o Prune » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:22 pm

rofl
I would never do that DAVID :haha:
By the way... I have a game ready, I just need it beta tested one more time to be sure that it's ok (or as ok as it can be)
Do you think it's time for a Adrift Intro comp? Are there enough active drifters?
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Anno 1700 Submitted to the 2018 IFComp.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Mystery » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:38 pm

By active, do you mean 'visits the forum often and thinks about working on a game but then works all the time and plays Dudablo III, Minecraft, and is eagerly awaiting the release of Guild Wars 2'? If that is what you mean, then I am still active.
~Myst~
Mystery

Postby Duncan_B » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:44 pm

The re-release of Back Home is now posted on the Adventures page. Campbell, is there a way to make the names listed into two separate items so viewers could be directed to either revgiblet's page or mine? Right now it only directs to my page.
Duncan_B

Postby Campbell » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 am

Not easily. You could add a link in the description.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to Drifting Off-Topic