ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Blue Monday

Want to just chat amongst yourselves? Then this is the place when IF and ADRIFT are not the topic. Please keep your posts family friendly.

Blue Monday

Postby rotter » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 am

Be careful, apparently it is Blue Monday today.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Re: Blue Monday

Postby Turing » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:20 am

Where I come from, Blue Monday is depressing for a completely different reason (and also falls on another date entirely); namely the reason that this is the day where 13-15 year olds, having been affirmed by the state church and showered in gifts during the weekend (generally what amounts to around 2000-3000£ I believe), go out and act like the teenage idiots they are while spending all their money on stupid S**t and reminding you that you were just as retarded when you were that age :)
Turing

Postby gavind » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Honestly, I never really take that seriously. I mean they are just myths. Anything that happened on that day, I would say that it's just a coincidence.
gavind

Postby rotter » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:56 pm

gavind wrote:Honestly, I never really take that seriously. I mean they are just myths. Anything that happened on that day, I would say that it's just a coincidence.

Bad things happening on that day I will agree, is just like Friday 13th or the Bermuda Triangle - you can make anything match the facts.

But, it is also about the weather (in the UK anyway), the length of time since the last pay day, the length of time until next pay day. Now those are not myths. I'm down to the bottom of the barrel in my bank account, I'm sick of going to work and either getting wet through or frozen to death, I've got another damn cold. Still, no matter how bad it gets at least god invented Brandy! :peep:
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Postby saabie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 pm

In Australia all of the worst disasters (cyclones, floods, bushfires, even increased numbers of car accidents) all seem to happen on or very close to christmas day.
saabie

Return to Drifting Off-Topic