ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Mangiasaur feedback for rerelease

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Mangiasaur feedback for rerelease

Postby DCBSupafly » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

I will be releasing Mangiasaur again in a couple months, updated and featuring OST by Spiral Cheese Horizon.

I'd like to get all your feedback! I have debated creating some kind of tracker for this kind of stuff to make testing/feedback more of a community process, much like Campbell has set up for V5. For the moment though, I'd like to ask what ideas people have about that sort of stuff. My notebook for the GMYLM update is a pretty big mess!

I'm posting feedback below from my friend. If you'd rather, send me a review or feedback or bugs via PM.
DCBSupafly

Re: Mangiasaur feedback for rerelease

Postby DCBSupafly » Thu May 05, 2011 4:09 pm

Various things about mangiasaur:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The game told me "Your stomach is still full and fat. It's a good feeling." One turn later I said to dig, prompting the response "The hunger makes you crazy. Try again."

You can't say, "look body", "look wings", etc.

Eating the herd beasts definitely prompts a code-revealing bug.

Why do you have to ride a rocket tree to get all the way up to the mesa, but you don't have to ride one back?

I see now there's a hint already present for the rocket tree (the oiliness of the sap), but for me it was too difficult to figure this one out.

As long as you chirp every time, digging rodents are infinite.

"light" is a command. i'm sure there are lots of default adrift commands that aren't used in this game, except that "eat light" (for example from moon" prompts the response, "light what?"

Even after you get the rodent powerup, you can only get any kind of response from "dig" in the hut.

I ate the air sacs to stay alive in the underground room. There was only one warning before the air was finished which I didn't even see, then after another turn with no warning I died instantly. I understand it's a secret room but I think this should be more forgiving.

I would like to be able to eat more things! Eat moon, eat sun, eat hut...not necessarily eat them, but at least prompt funny responses.

"You swim well, and escape the underground ocean, never to return again..." After this you can go back to the underground ocean as many times as you want. You can't eat the little shark anymore tho...

I really feel like you should be able to eat the big shark if you're big enough...

After eating the Namguagl, I received my first message about the Namguagl making noise and whatnot. It seems chirping will reveal it's location even if it's not actually there yet...

After eating the buzzbird carcass and vomiting, vomit doesn't show up as a new item, so I really don't know how you would think to eat it...
DCBSupafly

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0