ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Spring Thing 2014

The home for all discussion of competitions for ADRIFT and multiformat IF

Spring Thing 2014

Postby saabie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:56 am

The spring thing games are up on the website at http://www.springthing.net/2014/
2 GLUX, 3 Choose your story, and one each in Z, Twine, HTML, Quest 5 and ALAN.

What, no ADRIFT games :shock: :(
I had planned to enter one myself, but I just ran out of time and there was always one more bug popping up :x
Well, I guess that means I now have 12 months to iron the bugs out.

At least this competition and interactive fiction in general are looking more popular, there were only 3 entries last year. This year we have 10 new games to play.
saabie

Re: Spring Thing 2014

Postby rotter » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:22 am

saabie wrote:At least this competition and interactive fiction in general are looking more popular, there were only 3 entries last year. This year we have 10 new games to play.

Just a shame no ADRIFT games again.
Last edited by rotter on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5, "Word of the Day" and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Re: Spring Thing 2014

Postby David Whyld » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:35 am

I intended to enter the Spring Thing myself but that deadline really crept up on me. One moment it's months away and the next it's yesterday. Weird how that happens.

Nice to see some people managed to get games done for it, though I'm a little disappointed at some of the online-only games. What with buggy internet connections, browser crashes, simply no way to save your progress and no UNDO command, online-only games don't really appeal to me much.
David Whyld

Return to Competitions