ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

ECTOCOMP 2015

The home for all discussion of competitions for ADRIFT and multiformat IF

ECTOCOMP 2015

Postby Duncan_B » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:20 am

Any 'DRIFTers thinking about entering ECTOCOMP this year? 8)
Duncan_B

Re: ECTOCOMP 2015

Postby Po. Prune » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Rather than having to follow the link I have taken the liberty to paste and copy the text from the Infiction.org.
Unfortunately I haven't the time to enter this year. I must say that I do like the new setup. I've never been good at these time limited competitions, so I would definitely have gone for the second option.

I can only urge all drifters to give it a go.

In a vast room hung with strange tapestries and carpeted with the skins of animals unknown to modern science, the members of an obscure and exclusive club, intfiction.org, are huddled together in the gathering shadow. Outside a storm rages, and the boundless jungle of outlandish plants that surround the castle thrash and toss as though animated by some spectral presence. A chilling and awesome silence falls upon the assembly as their host, J. J. Guest rises from his chair to address them.

'I suppose you know why I have brought you all here. The hour of ECTOCOMP is once again upon us. But this time around, things will be a little different.

'This year there will be two categories for entry. For those of you who enjoy a challenge, ECTOCOMP: La Petite Mort is for games written in three hours or less.

'For those who don't manage to complete their games in under three hours, or who would like to take a more relaxed approach to the competition, there will be ECTOCOMP: Le Grand Guignol. The two categories will be judged separately.

'But a word of warning, despite the rule change, the spirit of speed-IF still haunts this competition. We are here to have fun, and woe betide any who take the contest too seriously!

'The entries must have a spooky, supernatural, weird menace or horror theme, and may be serious or comical. Though this is a Hallowe'en competition, it is not necessary for your entries to be set on All Hallows' Eve. They should be submitted by email to jason.guest[AT]gmail.com with the words ECTOCOMP 2015 and the entry category in the title.

'Good luck! I will see you here again at the appointed hour of the DEADline: midnight on Friday 30th October, GMT. Beware the wolves on your way home...
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby David Whyld » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 pm

I'll be entering.
David Whyld

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:08 am

David Whyld wrote:I'll be entering.

An Adrift game or another platform?
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby David Whyld » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:32 am

Other. Either Inform or Twine, I haven't decided yet.
David Whyld

Postby Duncan_B » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 am

David Whyld wrote:Other. Either Inform or Twine, I haven't decided yet.

Speaking of Inform, what ever happened to Best Laid Plans? Are there plans for it to become a complete game, or was it just an intro?
Duncan_B

Postby David Whyld » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:32 am

It's still being worked on from time to time, though I've no idea when I'll get around to finishing it.
David Whyld

Return to Competitions