ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Repro-comp

The home for all discussion of competitions for ADRIFT and multiformat IF

Repro-comp

Postby Campbell » Sat May 14, 2011 10:52 am

In case anyone spotted the earlier post and was wondering where it went, I have decided to postpone this competition for now. The timescale I put on was far too restrictive considering the fact that it is a new system and everyone is still learning - it's easy for me to forget, given that I'm extremely familiar with it. I didn't want to extend the timescale because this could enfringe on the IF Comp.

So apologies if you had already started - do not fret, I will run the competition later in the year (i.e. after IF Comp), by which time the software should be more robust and the documentation more complete.

Apologies again. :O
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Re: Repro-comp

Postby ElliotM » Sat May 14, 2011 2:25 pm

No problem, Campbell. :)
By the way, how functional is the macro system in the Adrift 5 runner? I had this idea that if you could stick a transcript in there, like from the original games, then beta testing the Repro-comp games would be fairly easy because you have a point of comparison. If people post transcripts from the original, then you already have "beta testers." Also, programs like Notepad++, for example, allow you to compare two text files and see the differences. Load two files, like an original transcript and the transcript of your game using the first as a macro, and go to the menu: plugins>compare or hit Alt+D and you can get a side-by-comparison.
ElliotM

Re: Repro-comp

Postby Campbell » Sat May 14, 2011 2:32 pm

The Macros should work fine (in Windows and as about 2 minutes ago, in Linux too! :P )

I use it frequently to test out functionality so I don't have to type the same commands all the time.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to Competitions