ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Review Competition 2011

The home for all discussion of competitions for ADRIFT and multiformat IF

Re: Review Competition 2011

Postby ralphmerridew » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:16 pm

Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Postby dswxyz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:20 pm

hm. I always wanted to write a review of Twilight. Even though it's flawed in places, and there's an unfortunate bottleneck puzzle early in the game that'll prevent most of the game from being seen by most players, I rather enjoyed the game overall.
Written: "Beanstalk the and Jack" * In progress: thinking about "Towers of H'Annoy"
dswxyz

Postby ralphmerridew » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:02 pm

I found a copy of the 3.80 runner at http://ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archive ... n2000.html (WinInterpreters.exe), and Twilight is fully playable under it.
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Postby Duncan_B » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks to ralphmerridew, I managed to finish S Tar Dus T. But I guess voting is supposed to start now? Should I hold off on updating my review? I could post the new one later or elsewhere or, conversely, update it and post the old one somewhere accessible (perhaps the forum?).
Duncan_B

Previous

Return to Competitions