ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Spring Thing 2012

The home for all discussion of competitions for ADRIFT and multiformat IF

Spring Thing 2012

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:21 pm

I picked up the following from: intfiction.org:
It may be a little early to post it here considering the IF Comp 2011 is underway, but nevertheless, here it is.

The Spring Thing 2012 site is up and running:
http://www.springthing.net/2012/

The competition last spring was a definite success, and I'm definitely running it again next spring. Sorry I'm a little later than usual in making the announcement this year.

I have some good news to announce: there is already up to $900[*] for the prize pool this year!

The donors are:
$200-$700[*], donated by Kate McKee
$100, donated by Wayne Miller
$100, donated by Greg Boettcher

[*] Kate McKee's donation is "$100.00 US, plus an additional $100 per entrant, up to a maximum of $700." She is willing to donate a very generous amount, but only if it helps encourage a good number of high-quality games. Let's hope her donation, as well as Wayne's and my donation, encourage people to enter the competition.

In case you hadn't heard, the Spring Thing is the *other* annual competition for interactive fiction games. It happens every spring. To find more about it, go to the following link. If you're interested in entering the competition, click on "Rules."

http://www.springthing.net/2012/

Thanks again to last year's donors, judges, entrants, and others who participated last year to make last year's event a success. We had 6 entrants and over $1000 in prizes.

For more information, you can email me at:

greg AT springthing DOT X, where X = net
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Re: Spring Thing 2012

Postby cypher_x » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Po. Prune wrote:I have some good news to announce: there is already up to $900[*] for the prize pool this year!
:shock:

Well if that isn't incentive to get back to work on your games I don't know what is!
CyPheR_X
cypher_x

Re: Spring Thing 2012

Postby Lumin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:08 am

On one hand, I kind of feel that someone with that amount of money to burn would be putting it to better use feeding starving orphans in India or whatever instead of supporting the writing of text games, as nice as text games are. On the other hand...holy cr*p, $700! Sign me up! :D
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Return to Competitions