ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Competition time?

The home for all discussion of competitions for ADRIFT and multiformat IF

Re: Competition time?

Postby TriangleGM » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi all,
I just wanted to come and check how things were going with this out of curiosity. Since there hasn't been a new post recently, I have kind of a quirky idea I'd like to just casually lay on the table for you. Reading some of the other ideas presented here got me thinking about this. How about making a tutorial "game" that shows what ADRIFT's features do in action. The way I picture it is the game would start with a very generic "default" look, present features in ADRIFT with images of the IDE explaining how to implement them, and then activate those features to show how they affect the game. The idea would be to show new users exactly what the features look like in play and how/why to utilize them. It could be done as a straight tutorial that simply uses the game framework to run it, or it could be more of an actual game that adds in extra features here and there along the way.

Unfortunately, I don't know how well this would work as I haven't had time to really look at ADRIFT (yet), but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
TriangleGM

Previous

Return to Competitions