ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Problems with some files on the site?

Announcements about ADRIFT, this Forum, the website and anything else relevant.

For more information visit the main ADRIFT Website

Problems with some files on the site?

Postby Jin Sane » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:52 pm

Hey guys. Wasn't sure where to post this so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.

I noticed while browsing the "Games" section of the website today that some games won't download or play. Specifically, I noticed that the games from Intro Comp 2012 are having problems but there might be others too.

Clicking "download" on the game pages for Blank Wall Intro, Shattered Memory, Trapped, Head Case, Organic etc links to a bunch of code. And attempting to play them online leads to a page not found error. The one exception seems to be Axe Of Kolt, perhaps because it's a Blorb file rather than a Taf?

Is it just me experiencing this?
Jin Sane

Re: Problems with some files on the site?

Postby Lazzah » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:51 am

Jin Sane wrote:Hey guys. Wasn't sure where to post this so I apologise if it's in the wrong place.

I noticed while browsing the "Games" section of the website today that some games won't download or play. Specifically, I noticed that the games from Intro Comp 2012 are having problems but there might be others too.

Clicking "download" on the game pages for Blank Wall Intro, Shattered Memory, Trapped, Head Case, Organic etc links to a bunch of code. And attempting to play them online leads to a page not found error. The one exception seems to be Axe Of Kolt, perhaps because it's a Blorb file rather than a Taf?

Is it just me experiencing this?

No, it is not just you and I have no idea why this is happening. Campbell will know but he isn't around much these days. :(
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Run, Bronwynn, Run!
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Re: Problems with some files on the site?

Postby Campbell » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:36 pm

I think it just depends whether the Play server is up or not. This isn't a hosted machine, so just runs from home.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to News and Announcements