ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Adrift Summer Minicomp 2003

Announcements about ADRIFT, this Forum, the website and anything else relevant.

For more information visit the main ADRIFT Website

Postby KFAdrift » Fri May 02, 2003 8:12 pm

KF's Adrift Summer Minicomp 2003 rules

The Summer Minicomp will be run during August 2003. Entries will be due in by 15:00 GMT on Sunday 24 August 2003. There will be a week of judging time where anyone who wanted to can download the entries and have a vote on the result.

I will put in a $20 prize via PayPal (or an Amazon.com gift voucher) for the best entry.

Rules for this competition

* All games must be written using Adrift 4.0 There is a limit of 20 rooms (as in rooms in the Adrift generator). It is always possible to make one room seem like many.

* All entries must be accompanied by a walkthrough, which can be a simple transcript from the runner.

* Overall filesize limit of 200k - reasonable with the other limitations. The original ALR file does not need to be included as it can be exported for examination. This limit applies to the size of the submitted file and it can be in a .ZIP file. When files are posted for downloading they will all be in a zipped form.

* Games must not be passworded.

* Games should be a completely original work, although parody is allowed.

* No more than two entries will be accepted from one contributor.

* Entries should not be discussed until after the closing date for judging. This does not stop you from taking part in collaborations or using betatesters. Also non-permanent discussion is allowed, such as in a chat room, but not on the forum.

*Contributors may also be judges, but must not judge their own entries.

Entry and judging

All entries should be sent to me at competition@kfadrift.org.uk by 15:00 GMT on Sunday 24 August 2003.

Judging to be complete by 15:00 GMT on Sunday 31 August 2003. Results to be posted as soon as possible after that.

Edited By KFAdrift on 29 June 2003 at 11:23
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Postby KFAdrift » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:21 pm

There are five games are in for you to judge by next Sunday. They have been bundled up into a pack that can be downloaded as this installable executable file

OR

You can go to the page online

Edited By KFAdrift on 24 Aug. 2003 at 15:22
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Postby KFAdrift » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:14 pm

The Summer Minicomp is now over, and I would like to thank all of you who have entered and judged the competition. This was a great boost as we had five games to judge and votes from eight judges.

After tight battles throughout the field, the results are as follows:

Code: Select all
1st    "Sun Empire: Quest for the Founders (Part I)" Tech (av27.50)
2nd "Jim Pond & The Agents Of F.A.R.T." DavidW (av26.83)
3rd  "ADRIFT-O-RAMA" Mystery (av24.37)
4th  "The Worst Game In The World... Ever!!!" DavidW (av23.16)
5th "The Leviathan Labyrinth" Cheryl Howard (av22.28)

Congratulations to Tech on an excellent win. I will be in contact concerning the $20 prize (via PayPal or an Amazon.com gift voucher) for the winning entry.
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Return to News and Announcements