ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Adrift End of Year Competition 2003

Announcements about ADRIFT, this Forum, the website and anything else relevant.

For more information visit the main ADRIFT Website

Postby KFAdrift » Fri May 02, 2003 8:16 pm

End of Year Competition 2003

This is a competition for any game made using the Adrift Interactive Fiction Creation System that was released during the calendar year 2003.

The entries must be sent to competition@kfadrift.org.uk, arriving no later than 15:00hrs GMT on Sunday 21 December 2003. I will then try and get everything together for judging to commence that evening. There will be two weeks to judge the entries, with marks to reach me by 15:00hrs GMT on Sunday 4 January 2003.

The rules

Basically I will try to keep the rules as simple as possible.
The game must be written using Adrift and have been released during 2003 OR not have previously been released.
The game can be any size, but if it is larger than 300Kb it must be hosted elsewhere (I have set up an AdriftComps Yahoo Group where there is some space)

Games released before 2003 with minor changes cannot be entered, although completely rewritten and expanded games may be entered.

No more than two entries from one author.

A walkthrough must be included with all entries, one can be generated using the Adventure > Start Transcript menu option.

There should be no material that breaches someone elses copyright.

Contributors may also be judges, but must not judge their own entries. Betatesters can still judge any entries.

For guidance, not rules:

Passworded games are allowed, but not favoured as they discourage the exchange of techniques.

As the games have previously been released discussion is not banned.

There is no set time limit on gameplay, although you shouldn't spend too long on any one game.

Bribery is discouraged.

Prizes

I will put forward a first prize of $30 (thirty US dollars) which is available as a PayPal payment or via an Amazon voucher. If others want to put forward prizes, either for places or special features, please let me know at competition@kfadrift.org.uk and I will consider the suitability.
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Postby KFAdrift » Mon Sep 01, 2003 4:11 pm

Just a reminder to those who may enter, either with a new game, or an updated version of a game released this year, that the End of Year Competition is open for entrants.

Tech has very kindly donated the 20 dollars won in the Summer Minicomp as a second prize for this competition.
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Return to News and Announcements