ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

InsideADRIFT Newsletter Archive

Announcements about ADRIFT, this Forum, the website and anything else relevant.

For more information visit the main ADRIFT Website

Postby KFAdrift » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:53 pm

I have recently created a new archive of the newsletters. It includes issues 1-40, I seem to only be missing Issue 41 now.

The archive can be fpund on the Insideadrift website.
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Postby Lumin » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Issue 36 is the one I edited...it used to be on Shadowvault, but I guess the entire site is gone now? And the link on Delron's site doesn't work either. Weird. There may still be a copy on my old computer though, I'll have to try and check later.
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby Duncan_B » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:54 pm

I might still have a copy of issue 36 back home in Port Huron... I will be back on Monday and let you know what I find. Probably a better chance Lumin could get it, though. As for issue 41... it still has not been released due to lack of contributions. I'm all for contributing content to the issue, but writing the whole thing myself feels like an exercise in hubris that just makes me uncomfortable. I have tossed around the idea of making a Super Special Deluxe Summer Double Issue, since we've been overdue, but again it's a question of pulling the content teeth, so to speak.

I have one interview in the works, one article requiring revisions on which the author (despite repeated contact) never got back to me, three stock interviews Finn drew up in case of a dry spell, a spiel I wrote about modules... obviously, we have some new releases to mention and I could draw up trivia is easy enough to throw in (anybody want to contribute some this time?). I think the calendar this time around would be mostly focused around showing times for the upcoming IFComp.

With two new articles I could publish issue 41. With three or four contributions, we could shoot for the double issue. I'd like to incorporate a reader response section, where the audience can respond to content from previous issues. I may possibly also add a "letters to the editor" section, in which I might publish some of the brilliant letters I've received from community members lately (obviously not without their permission), and then there's always the possible section for a review exchange for which nobody ever seems to care to write. Maybe that will change this time.

Anybody care to offer any contributions, response, or other content? This thread seems an appropriate enough place to let me know, or else send me a PM.

Thanks for keeping tabs on the issue, KF. The archive looks great, and I'm glad to see the site's getting a little TLC.
Duncan_B

Postby Lumin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Just a quick mention, Shadowvault is back up (for a limited time?) so this would be a good time to grab Issue 36: http://www.shadowvault.net/issue36.html
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby KFAdrift » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Issue 36 is now in the archive and I have also added a 10.7Mb zip file containing the 40 issues in the archive.
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Re: InsideADRIFT Newsletter Archive

Postby Campbell » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:53 am

Can we add issue 41?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby Duncan_B » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I don't see why not.
Duncan_B

Postby rotter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Plus to help spread the word I've add the newsletters back onto Delron.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5, "Word of the Day" and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Return to News and Announcements