ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

5.0.28 out now!

Announcements about ADRIFT, this Forum, the website and anything else relevant.

For more information visit the main ADRIFT Website

5.0.28 out now!

Postby Campbell » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 am

ADRIFT 5 release 28 is now available for download. This is somewhat earlier than expected, but I felt it necessary in order to fix some irritating bugs for new users playing packaged games. There are two Windows downloads available. If you have not tried v5 yet, the easiest way is to download the full setup from http://www.adrift.co/files/ADRIFT5Setup.zip. If you already have a working version, you can download the files only version from http://www.adrift.co/files/ADRIFT5.zip and overwrite your existing files. (I'll try to get an auto-update working soon!) Please note that the Setup download from download.com may take a few days to update with the latest version, so you may want to use the mirror link.

There are two enhancements in this release; being able to import v4 style ALR files, and the ability to print out the map.

A full list of changes is as follows:

Enhancements
Print Map
Import v4 ALRs

Bug Fixes
Error stopping audio
Error loading blorb/exe, Layout path not found
Cant set value-list property with an action
Cant test value-list property in a restriction
Error Loading Adventure. Invalid character
Corrupt text window
%text% not passing as a parameter
Object orientated functions aren't recursive
Integer Properties Cannot Be Dependent on Value
Assigning values to properties in actions
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Re: 5.0.28 out now!

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:08 pm

I haven't tried importing the V4 style ALR as of yet, as I am not sure how it would mesh together with what is already there (which I can't view in that format). But I was wondering if you planned on an export, so one could view/edit/modify their existing file?

For the print, I have played with it a little, but couldn't figure out how to print items of the same level, or even know if it is possible. If I print, it prints the whole layered map, rather than same level.

I'm not in any rush, but was curious what the end result plan was.

Thanks!
~Myst~
Mystery

Postby Campbell » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:21 pm

I can add export too if you like - just bung up an item for it.

Re printing, I haven't added anything fancy - just the ability to print out the map as it is currently displayed, one tab per page. I haven't thought too much about how to take this forwards, but I should think it would be pretty time consuming so it's not something I expect to do too soon. Would it help if the Up/Down arrows were made much longer, so the levels are separated out further?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby Mystery » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm

I initially re-designed it for all locations to be on one tab so I could see the entire map while still designing. With a few minor changes to level changing locations, it should pop them back to grouped tabs for printing if needed. For now I have multiple hand made maps, computer generated maps, and a minecraft replica (I couldn't help it...it's addicting).

I think there might be an item up already for the alr export. I think I had initially added it as an import/export ages ago. I'll have to recheck it.

Thanks =D
~Myst~
Mystery

Return to News and Announcements