Oct. 31st.

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Oct. 31st.

Post by P/o Prune »

Oct 31 Intro 25.jpg
Oct 31 Intro 25.jpg (128.79 KiB) Viewed 402 times
The intro picture to my entry for the IF Comp 2021.
The game is built over the same theme as my Octocomp entry years ago. (2011) "The House" Although the theme is the same, this game differs in so many ways that I consider it a new game. Actually the only thing the two games will have in common, is that it takes place in an old abandoned house and of course Dracula will be there. But there will be plenty of other monsters as well :whistle:
The game takes place in Pennsylvania (Salem) and the player is a visitor who has been lured into spending the night on Halloween in this very old abandoned house.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 81Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Oct. 31st.

Post by P/o Prune »

Dec 14:
60 Kb so far, and I haven't even scratched the surface yet. Denk's library is a great help and hopefully it will boost the opinions of the Adrift parser during the next competition.
I think I've mentioned it before, that a walk with the dog (if you don't have one, borrow your neighbors ;-) ) can be an inspiration to your game. The downside is, for me, that I sometimes get so many ideas that if I was to implement them all I'd have to rewrite the game. :?
Lumin

Post by Lumin »

Good luck with this!

Nice that you're off to an early start.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Lumin wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:45 am Nice that you're off to an early start.
Trial and error, Lumin. I have learned (the hard way) that no matter when you begin your entry to the IFComp, there is never enough time :wink:
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Update Jan 26th
Wow, has it been that long?
Ok, here's what have been happening. I decided to make a copy of this game in Danish as well and therefore had both the Danish and the English library open. At some point, don't ask me how or why, I managed to merge the two libraries thus totally messing up the Danish library. I had to start from scratch, translating all the locations, objects, well pretty much all the text into Danish. What a bummer!! :x
Anyway, that is all done now and the .taf is now a staggering 70 Kb. Things are going pretty smooth (for the time being)
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Update Feb 04
First hurdle completed. The first monster is now disposed of. It took some doing, but I'm pretty happy with the result. One of my problems is that there are five monsters in the game, and I have to come up with a way to avoid them all "coming alive" at the same time. I have also decided to add a scoring system.