ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

My W.I.P.'s

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.

My W.I.P.'s

Postby Lazzah » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:09 pm

I have three WIP's at the moment, and one finished game (Starship Quest) which I cannot release yet as it is the sequel to a game (Magnetic Moon) that is in the process of being playtested at the moment. I like to make sure that my games are as thoroughly playtested as I can before releasing them and this has been the problem - getting good and reliable playtesters!

The other two games are Revenge of the Space Pirates (The third in the Mike Erlin series of Sci-Fi games, undergoing playtesting atm) and The Call of the Shaman, the sixth in the Alaric Blackmoon series of games. I started this several months ago with the intention that it would be another of my usual games, but then I got writer's block and stopped work on the game for a while. Someone suggested that I make it a small game that I could enter in one of the competitions and so I have done just that! In fact, the game is now almost finished and will be ready for playtesting soon.

Here are the stats for "Magnetic Moon":

Locations: 177
Objects: 545
Tasks: 2002
Characters: 25
Events: 40
Variables: 273

By comparison, here are the current stats for "The Call of the Shaman":

Locations: 52
Objects: 129
Tasks: 512
Characters: 17
Events: 6
Variables: 86

Quite a difference!
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Re: My W.I.P.'s

Postby rotter » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:40 am

Good point about a game for one of the competitions, ADRIFT needs more visibility. It has all but vanished in the wider IF world.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Return to W.I.P.