ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Revealia

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.

Revealia

Postby Denk » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:03 pm

I don't know if I am ever going to finish this game, but perhaps posting here will motivate me :) .

Working Title: Revealia

The story so far:
You are a poor carpenter in Brue City in the kingdom Revealia, who suddenly loses his workshop after vandals have burned it down to the ground. After you have recovered, you decide to be an adventurer searching for treasure and hopefully, you will stumble upon some important quest, which will bring meaning into your life.

The game has 3 difficulty levels:
1. Hard (no potentials)
2. Medium (potential to be either Mage, Warrior or Thief)
3. Easy (all three potentials, i.e. the player may both become a warrior, mage and thief during the same game)

There will be no random combat in this game. If there is combat, it is basically a puzzle to be solved. There will be day and night and a money system.

The game takes place in and around Brue City. There are a Guild of Mages, a Guild of Warriors and a Guild of Thieves. Depending on your potentials you may or may not obtain quests from these. As you can probably imagine, you will at some point stumble upon what could be called the main quest of the game. Once you have solved the main quest, the game is over.

51 kB
61 locations
32 objects
170 tasks
9 characters
4 Events
36 variables
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Re: Revealia

Postby Lumin » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:39 am

This sounds really neat, and seems like you've already made some good progress on it. Always like to see someone experimenting with things beyond just the traditional kind of IF, and games with replayability or that require some kind of strategy are much more likely to catch my interest these days.
Lumin

Postby Denk » Tue May 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Lumin wrote:This sounds really neat, and seems like you've already made some good progress on it. Always like to see someone experimenting with things beyond just the traditional kind of IF, and games with replayability or that require some kind of strategy are much more likely to catch my interest these days.
Thanks for the feedback.

Having this thread seems to keep me productive.

Here is a small status update:
Size: 79 kB
Locations: 79
Objects: 52
Tasks: 409
Characters: 18
Events: 9
Variables: 62
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
Denk

Postby Lumin » Tue May 07, 2019 5:44 pm

That's a giant map already and that task number has gone way up, I'm pretty excited to see where this goes. I was into MUDs before I ever discovered IF, so simulating a fantasy kingdom was always one of my pipe dreams when I first started using ADRIFT.
Lumin

Return to W.I.P.