Just a fairy tale

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.
David Whyld

Re: Just a fairy tale

Post by David Whyld »

If you were the player and you got sent right back to the start of the game when you had almost finished it, would you think it was a good idea?
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

David Whyld wrote:If you were the player and you got sent right back to the start of the game when you had almost finished it, would you think it was a good idea?
Well, the player won't know that this is close to the end of the game. But I get your point.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 42Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )
rotter

Post by rotter »

David Whyld wrote:If you were the player and you got sent right back to the start of the game when you had almost finished it, would you think it was a good idea?
It would depend on how well signposted it was or whether it fits with the game. Might feel like a sudden death otherwise.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rovarsson

Post by rovarsson »

Is anything different about the game after you get sent back to square one? New background-story, tweaked puzzles, anything like that that would make it worthwhile to go again? If not, this is just sudden death with extra annoyance: UNDO and continue on the other path. Without UNDO (and noticable changes to the game the second time around) --> QUIT and forget.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Post by P/o Prune »

Well, a little late I know, but still :wink:
JaFT (Just another Fairy Tale) was finished in time, thanks to Lazzah and Denk who beta tested the living daylight out of it. (Thanks guys :thanks: )
My next project(s) will be:
Finishing D-Day
My entry for next years IF Comp "The Spanish Cross"
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
October 31st: 42Kb (possible entry for IFComp 2021 :wink: )