ADRIFT Forum


The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

LLL update

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.

LLL update

Postby Lazzah » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi all,

In case you are puzzled, LLL is my current WIP, "The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch". Programming is coming on well and I am approaching the endgame soon. I am currently in the labyrinth a.k.a. the maze. OMG, did I just say MAZE!!!??? :shock: Don't worry, it's not a true maze, just the name for the series of locations leading up to the Red Tower where the endgame will occur.

Current stats are:

File Size: 125.4 KB

Locations: 91
Objects: 204
Tasks: 500
Characters: 9
Events: 4
Variables: 85

Total Editing Time: 118 hours 38 minutes.
WIP: The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch

ALSO AVAILABLE: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
User avatar
Lazzah
Moderator
 
Posts: 2255
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:54 am
Location: Dagenham, Essex
Points: 60

Re: LLL update

Postby The0didactus » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 am

I'll say again for the record that I like mazes :)
The0didactus
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:20 pm
Points: 105

Re: LLL update

Postby The0didactus » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:05 pm

I just playtested this game for the first time today. It's a rock-solid traditional IF with some interesting mechanics I've never seen before (it's rare that your clothes materially affect the game, they do here!)

I'll post a longer review when I finish testing
The0didactus
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:20 pm
Points: 105

Re: LLL update

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:59 am

The0didactus wrote:I just playtested this game for the first time today. It's a rock-solid traditional IF with some interesting mechanics I've never seen before (it's rare that your clothes materially affect the game, they do here!)

I'll post a longer review when I finish testing

I guess a review here is ok, also according to IF Comp rules. But pls. Don't forget to post the review on the Adrift game site once the game is released. If we can post reviews on the good games, maybe people will be more inclined to play them rather than choose randomly and get some cr*p.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 70Kb
User avatar
P/o Prune
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 am
Location: Denmark
Points: 58

Re: LLL update

Postby Lumin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:56 pm

P/o Prune wrote: If we can post reviews on the good games, maybe people will be more inclined to play them rather than choose randomly and get some cr*p.


This reminds me, I've been meaning to suggest stickying a link to to the big list on Delron either in Game Discussion or General. For me it's a much easier way to browse games and know at a glance which have reviews. There's even one there made this year I hadn't seen uploaded to the site: An Unspecified Cosmic Adventure That Doesn't Have Words Quest and Space in the Name.

I made a very suspect burger and stole a business card from a drunk lady, but couldn't figure out how to get much farther than that. The game could use some improvements, particularly in indicating to the player what should be done and creating an interesting hook to make them want to do it in the first place, but not a terrible effort for a first timer. Yet who even is the author and where did it come from?

e: Oh, it was an AdventureGame jam. Daza and Kenneth Pederson have games in that one too...I don't believe any are listed on the download page here.
User avatar
Lumin
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:48 pm
Points: 34

Re: LLL update

Postby P/o Prune » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:01 am

Lumin wrote:e: Oh, it was an AdventureGame jam. Daza and Kenneth Pederson have games in that one too...I don't believe any are listed on the download page here.

I will go kick some butts :wink:

Ok, I have written Denk, and DazaKiwi and they have promised to upload their games (Just a few "minor" adjustments to be made.) But the games are on their way.
Try them out and don't forget reviews, please.
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 70Kb
User avatar
P/o Prune
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4435
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:18 am
Location: Denmark
Points: 58

Re: LLL update

Postby rotter » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Lumin wrote:This reminds me, I've been meaning to suggest stickying a link to to the big list on Delron either in Game Discussion or General. For me it's a much easier way to browse games and know at a glance which have reviews. There's even one there made this year I hadn't seen uploaded to the site: An Unspecified Cosmic Adventure That Doesn't Have Words Quest and Space in the Name.


I do my best to keep the list up-to-date and do go looking for reviews when I can find them. Some do come out of the woodwork. Still the best list of ADRIFT games out there I think.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
User avatar
rotter
 
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 12:12 am
Location: UK
Points: 15


Return to W.I.P.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests