ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Galen's Quest

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.

Re: Galen's Quest

Postby Denk » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Lyricasylum wrote:The only question I have at this point (and this is directed especially at Denk) is how much fun was it to play?

It was great fun! The setting and writing is good and there are some great puzzles. Things get more interesting once you are past the first area. As mentioned there are some very critical bugs.

If the bugs and lack of polish we have mentioned are fixed, this will be a very good game. So be patient, finish the game, polish it and then ask for a new round of beta-testing before you release it. I am sure a lot of people will like it then.

Do not accept strange behaviour in your game - ask on the forum and I am sure someone knows how to handle your problem.

Note that if you just release your game on the ADRIFT site and make an IFDB entry, not many people are going to play your game. The best way to get people to play your game is by entering it into a competition. You cannot enter it in IFComp because you made a part of your game public. On the other hand, Spring Thing accepts games where early demos of the games have already been released in e.g. intro-comp. This year it is too late to enter Spring Thing, but you could wait until Spring Thing next year. Anyway, it is going to take some time to finish and polish your game, followed by a new round of beta-testing, correcting bugs and adding more polish etc. At least that's what I would do.

If you consider Spring Thing or something similar, do not release any more beta-versions publicly but send it by e-mail to anyone interested.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
Denk

Postby Lyricasylum » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:46 pm

Thanks! Looks like I've got my work cut out for me...
Lyricasylum

Postby P/o Prune » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Lyricasylum wrote:Thanks! Looks like I've got my work cut out for me...

Don't worry about that… We all do :wink:
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lyricasylum » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:03 pm

Thanks everyone who looked at my adventure! I'm going to start making changes tonight. I'll post the newer version here when I'm done, and send it by email to anyone who prefers that method.
Lyricasylum

Postby P/o Prune » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:04 am

Lyricasylum wrote:Thanks everyone who looked at my adventure! I'm going to start making changes tonight. I'll post the newer version here when I'm done, and send it by email to anyone who prefers that method.

This is not the place to post your game. :wink:
If you are looking for testers, post a notice under Games Discussion. If you are ready to go public (all the little nick nacks ironed out) the upload it to the Adrift Website. :yeah:
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Denk » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:40 am

A quick note: You had a lot of problems with containers causing ADRIFT errors. An easy fix is to update your standard library to the newest version which can be found here (amf-file) :
http://forum.adrift.co/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11936&start=45

NB: Please(!) make a backup of your game before you try it!
The Bash Saga:
1. The Dragon Diamond 2. The Way Home 3. Stone of Wisdom
Denk

Postby Lyricasylum » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:10 am

Thanks Denk!
Lyricasylum

Postby Lyricasylum » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 am

P/o Prune wrote:
Lyricasylum wrote:Thanks everyone who looked at my adventure! I'm going to start making changes tonight. I'll post the newer version here when I'm done, and send it by email to anyone who prefers that method.

This is not the place to post your game. :wink:
If you are looking for testers, post a notice under Games Discussion. If you are ready to go public (all the little nick nacks ironed out) the upload it to the Adrift Website. :yeah:

Thanks for giving me proper directions. I hope you enjoy the finished product!
Lyricasylum

Postby Lyricasylum » Sat May 02, 2020 3:19 am

I haven't been anywhere near this project for a while because I've been busy with other things. I want to thank everyone who has taken a look at this adventure and given helpful feedback. I'll post here again when I have done more work on it. I'm not sure when that will be.
Lyricasylum

Previous

Return to W.I.P.