ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Translating Adrift into Danish

Here you can share your "work in progress" with your fellow Drifters.

Re: Translating Adrift into Danish

Postby Lumin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:38 pm

Oh, just a CYOA. Traditional IF is a little more elaborate than I think anybody wants to get into right now, but a straight port is easy. And I have a very quick system down for putting together CYOAs in 4.0, so there might be assorted other games appearing as I get author permissions and get some IRL things sorted out.

Meanwhile, there's a Dutch man making the laughable claim that his language is 'nothing like Danish' somehow, but I'm not sure I believe him.
Lumin

Postby P/o Prune » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Lumin wrote:Meanwhile, there's a Dutch man making the laughable claim that his language is 'nothing like Danish' somehow, but I'm not sure I believe him.

Oh, DO believe him…
It is a well known fact that Dutch is the only language spoken both by human beings and seals rofl
They also say that Dutch is not a language. It's a throat disease … rofl :P
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Lumin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:34 pm

I was told to pass on that "Danish is like Dutch, but with a fermented potato stuck in your throat that also fries your brain."

Also, "Ah they hate us cause they ain't us, and eventually they'll work for us and buy from us. That is the Dutch way."

I had no idea about this little rivalry until I stumbled right into it. :whistle: Play nice, kids. :peep:
Lumin

Previous

Return to W.I.P.