ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Subscript out of range

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Subscript out of range

Postby highways » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Please be aware that due to a fault in my system, I am unable to use the system commands of get/drop/remove/ etc, and have therefore been reduced to "tasks", which in allmost all circumstances work: and with which i don't have any problems with.

I have re-downloaded the main Adrift program many times!! - my saved 'taf' files still reduce me to this present problem.

I have a room which has a description of some 'clothes hooks'. (i have tried this as an object-no difference)
I have a synonym for get = take [as in get object, take object].
I also want to take off clothing [defined as coat/hat/shoes]. This results in the 'evaluate error-subscript out of range'.

I have a task for: remove*/hang up*/put*on clothes hooks. this results in "do not have time...etc" - which is what i want.

I can't 'take' as this reverts to "get" with the result that i get the message 'I already have..etc'

In both instances i have tried "*" with no better results!

Trying to ascertain what the player is going to type is extremely complex!!!!!!! and '*' is not always the answer.

How can I get the player to """take: object""" and """take off: object""" as my game is at this moment?
Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit. (No man is at all times wise)
highways

Re: Subscript out of range

Postby ralphmerridew » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm

You'll probably need to post your .TAF for anybody to help you.
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0