ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

The Newsletter

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Postby David Whyld » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 am

/little voice in the corner/

The next issue – 35 if you're counting – of the ol’ Inside ADRIFT Newsletter will be hitting the stands (so to speak) on 26th May 2007 meaning you’ve all got a little over a month to get something written to contribute towards it.

As it happens – in stark contrast to what usually happens – I've already received a game review. Yes, before I’d even asked for any. Thank you, Lumin! But that doesn’t let the rest of you off, not by a long shot. Pick a recently uploaded game that hasn’t yet been reviewed, or better yet, pick one of the ADRIFT entries from the Spring Thing and let us know what you think of them.

I'm also hoping to receive any or all of the following:

* An article. Want to air a gripe? Complain about the current of the ADRIFT world? Bemoan this, that or the other? Here's your chance.

* A game you're working on at the moment. Tell the world about it. A few lines or a few pages or the whole background to the game if you like.

* What about games that haven't quite worked out for one reason or another?

* View From A Newbie ran for a couple of issues then died out as there weren’t enough newbies around willing to give their views. Are you a newbie? Tell us why you chose ADRIFT and what you're planning to do for your first game.

* Reviews. I said it above but I’ll say it here again just in case. Pick a game, play it, write a few words about it and then send it to me and see your name in lights (kind of…)

* Anything else. Within reason.

Submissions/questions/etc to dwhyld@gmail.com prior to the deadline date.

/little voice in the corner/
David Whyld

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0