ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Disappearing pictures - a bug?

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Postby Cowboy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:26 am

Something weird happened the other day as I was working on my game, and I'm just curious to know if other users has experienced the same.

My game contains pictures (as most of you know by now ;) ) and to make things easier for myself, or at least that's what I thought..., I choosed the embed sound and graphic files into TAF file option in the settings menu.
After I had adjusted one of the pictures and saved it into the task again, I ran the adventure to check the size of the picture, but the picture didn't show up when the task was performed.
I hadn't changed the task in any way at all, only the size of the picture, and I ran the debugger which showed that the task had been completet. So everything should be in order. Still the picture wouldn't show on the screen.
I discarded the option in the setting menu, and saved the game file under a different name and then ran the adventure again, and voilá everything worked fine.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

My advice to other Drifters planning on using graphics in their game is to keep the pictures in a seperate folder until you are all ready to launch your finished game. Then on the final save, you can choose the Embed graphic and sound files into TAF files if you like.
Ghost town V 1,05: Adrift best game of the year award 2009
WIP:
"Through Time" Idle
"D-Day" Prog rep: Feb 16
Char: 5 Events: 5 Tasks: 185 Objects: 156 Rooms: 34... Size 47Kb
Cowboy

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0