ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

New to IF ... looking for code

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Postby RS1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:52 am

Hello, I'm new to Adrift and IF, and so I'm looking for source code to understand how the games are put together. I noticed that there's a version of colossal caves (advent350b.taf) listed, and I was wondering if the author has made available their source code - it would be a great help for beginners. Thanks.
RS1

Postby P/o Prune » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:40 am

When you talk about the source code to Adrift, or just an open generator, so you can see how the author has created his game?

I don't think Campbell is giving up the source code for the Adrfit program itself.

But if it's about how the author when about creating the game, try downloading Ghost town and open teh generator. I believe it's not password protected.
Good luck.. oh and welcome to the ´Drifters world ;)
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 60Kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby Duncan_B » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:25 pm

ADRIFT is not open source, but you can open other adventures in the Generator. The great majority of games released in the last competition were not password-protected, so you can have a gander at how they're built. You might also check out some modules and import them to get an idea of how to accomplish some specific things in ADRIFT.
Duncan_B

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0