ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Goldilocks is a FOX! - is now available from the dowloads page

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Re: Goldilocks is a FOX! - is now available from the dowload

Postby White Phoenix » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:22 am

I downloaded this game from the IF Archives. Where is the poker? I followed your walkthrough from Delron, and there is no mention of a poker until you are told to open the washing machine with it. Logically it should be in the fireplace, but the fire is still burning even though I now have access to the dungeon.
Later,
White Phoenix
White Phoenix

Postby ralphmerridew » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Examine Little Red Riding Hood's skeleton.
Bloodhounds can make you laugh and cuss in the same breath. They are endearing, faithful, and can sling drool ten feet in any direction. -- Virginia Lanier
ralphmerridew

Postby White Phoenix » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:10 pm

You know, I thought of that, but I’ll try again. Just a minute. Hah! Either it didn’t show up the second time, or I didn’t examine after I looked like I have been doing. I was beginning to think it was an older version from the way this thread was reading. Thanks.

Sorry for necromancing this topic.
Later,
White Phoenix
White Phoenix

Postby J. J. Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:29 am

Wow, somebody's playing my old game! It's been so long since I visited this forum I'd forgotten my password. Looks like Ralphmerridew has already answered your question, which is a good job as I couldn't remember myself any more. Hope you're enjoying the game.

J. J. Guest
In Progress: Alias "The Magpie", The Numberless Knots of Fohat

Visit my website:
http://www.jjguest.com
for Escape from the Crazy Place and The Visitation
J. J. Guest

Postby White Phoenix » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Actually, once I got the poker everything fell into place. I think the walkthrough at Delron was for an older version, or the version I downloaded from IF Archives was old. According to the Delron archive, the fire in the hearth should have gone out. The only other place I almost got stuck was the large bed/billiard table. According to the plan found in the workshop, the magic porridge cooker hadn’t been installed in the kitchen. Which indicated Papa hadn’t gotten the snooker table yet. Of course you needed the billiard table to get the ball, so you wound up with a flaw in the storyline. Other than that, the game worked well. The ending was great: “OH NO, NOT THE POKER!” LOL

As for the old game, well that is why you never throw them away. There are always new generations who will discover the old games which will be new to them. Just like covers of old songs, reruns, etc. I can tell really old jokes kids had never heard before and crack them up. Well, okay the one about the baby buggy doesn’t work anymore, but you get the idea.
Later,
White Phoenix
White Phoenix

Postby J. J. Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Glad you enjoyed it White Phoenix! Not sure what you mean about the billiard table - I imagined Papa Bear had had it for a while, disguised as a bed so that his wife would be none the wiser! Perhaps if you have time you could leave a rating or a review on IFDB http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=59ztsy9p01avd6wp? :)
In Progress: Alias "The Magpie", The Numberless Knots of Fohat

Visit my website:
http://www.jjguest.com
for Escape from the Crazy Place and The Visitation
J. J. Guest

Postby White Phoenix » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:06 am

In other words, he already had the billiard table and was in the process of covering his tracks so he could bring it out into the open? After all, it wouldn’t be much fun playing alone.
Later,
White Phoenix
White Phoenix

Previous

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0