ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Problem With Trap

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Postby CrypticWizard » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 am

In my game, I need to make a door that is trapped. In a seperate location, there is is a task that can be performed that will disarm the trap. If the player attempts to unlock the door before disarming the trap, the trap kills the player. But if the disarm task has been performed, the player can unlock the door with no problem.

I set up two tasks for unlocking the door; one where the trap is disarmed and one where it is not. Here is the problem; if I put the task with the restriction where the "disarm task" has NOT been completed first, then it kills the player even if the task has been completed. But if I put the task with the restriction that the "disarm task" HAS been completed first, the player can unlock the door without disarming the trap. Can anyone help with this? It's driving me :dancer: :dancer:

Oh, and by the way, I am using 4.0 for this game :peep:
Once upon a time, nothing happened at all. Really, nothing!

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
CrypticWizard

Postby jankupila » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:39 am

I have done an example which solves the broblem. Send an e-mail address to it.

Edited By Icefall on 1298391962
Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while
the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
jankupila

Postby CrypticWizard » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Send it to [email=zaphodbblbrx1@yahoo.com.][/email] Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited By CrypticWizard on 1299084714

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
CrypticWizard

Postby jankupila » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:29 pm

I tried to send it, but I got following message:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain.

Do you have an other e-mail address?
Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while
the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
jankupila

Postby CrypticWizard » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Try sending it crypticwzard@yahoo.com, that is my alternate e-mail. But zaphodbblbrx1@yahoo.com should work.

CrypticWizard

Postby jankupila » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:10 pm

I sent it to your alternate e-mail and it succeeded. Have fun!
jankupila

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0