ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Adrift 5.0

This forum is the place to discuss the older ADRIFT versions 3.9 and 4.0.

Please refer to the ADRIFT 4 Manual for more information.

Postby DarKPenguiN » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello, I actually sent this question through support because (apparently) I hadn't activated this account and thus my attempts at making this post were....Fruitless.

-Anyhow (now that I feel stupid) I have a question related to Adrift 5.0

I would like to purchase adrift as it is an awesome program. I used to have it long ago but lost my code and that email address (was over 4 years ago) and I certainly do not mind paying for this product again.

I am ready to put together my "epic" adventure but here's the thing- I dont see anywhere on the purchase page where to get Adrift 5.0- Is it out?

I DO NOT want to buy a 4x version and have to upgrade but would rather begin (again) using 5.0.

Also, I have read threads discussing what SHOULD be implemented in 5x but see nowhere what WAS implemented (assuming its out).

Conversation tress?

Anyhow, I will be buying either today (if I can get 5.0) or once 5.0 is available.

Thanks.
DarKPenguiN

Postby Randy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 am

Hi Dark Penguin,

I had the same question a couple of weeks ago and Mystery answered me. You can probably find it just a few topics down on this part of the forum.

But to answer, 5.0 is out for registered members. You can download it upon purchasing 4.0 and from what I understand you'll be able to carry that license to version 5 when it is released. Right now, it is still in the development / testing phase.

I had some trouble with 5.0 in that I couldn't run anything with it, it crashed and sent the problem itself. It could be that I'm running on Vista for all I know. I've not tried it on XP yet, so keep that in mind.

Randy
I straddle the line between genius and insanity. Guess which side I'm on now?
Randy

Postby DarKPenguiN » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:01 am

Cool thanks alot Randy for your reply.

Yes, I was a bit confused because I saw post(s) regarding installing 5.0 but nothing on the purchase page. I suppose that makes sense if its still in testing.

Well, looks like I have a Paypal account to set up =P

-Thanks again.
DarKPenguiN

Return to ADRIFT 3.9 and 4.0