ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Co-author Anchorhead tribute

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Co-author Anchorhead tribute

Postby Denk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:56 pm

I saw this on intfiction.org:

https://www.intfiction.org/forum/viewto ... 19&t=26370

All you have to do is to write one room within a month (either in Inform 7 or just a design document), and the organizers will put the game together.
Could be fun to see some drifters on the author-list.

Speaking of time, here is our (still fairly malleable) schedule:

June 22 (Today): We are right now calling for your intent to participate. Email cragne@jennipolodna.com and commit to participating.

July 6 (2 weeks from today): This is the deadline for your intent to participate. When we know how many participants we have, we’ll draw up the game’s map and figure out who's writing what. This might take a few days.

July 9 (A few days after that): You’ll receive your prompt. If you don’t think you can make it work—because you really hate boiler rooms, or something?—we’ll find you a different prompt.

July 13, 20, and 27: We’ll encourage you to submit a draft of your room each week leading up to the deadline. These check-ins aren’t mandatory, and we’re not necessarily expecting you to have anything presentable ready on the 13th. (I know I wouldn’t.) We do want multiple chances to look at your rooms while they’re in progress, though, so we can identify room-to-room conflicts (like two people both writing about “mud-slick galoshes”) and resolve them earlier rather than later.

August 3 (6 weeks from today): This is the deadline for your room. If you can get a couple people to beta test your room before this, that’s great. If you can’t, that’s fine. We want it to be amazing, but we’ll settle for it being playable.

August 31 (10 weeks from today): After a generously-proportioned period of futzing around, the organizers release the finished game—our finished game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Re: Co-author Anchorhead tribute

Postby P/o Prune » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Signed up today ... Let's give it a go :yeah:
D-Day V.5 in progress 86Kb (On backburner)
Anno 1700 First beta test in progress.
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: Co-author Anchorhead tribute

Postby DazaKiwi » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 pm

That sounds interesting. I might give it a go too.
DazaKiwi

Return to General IF