ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Who first?

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Who first?

Postby rotter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:08 am

So, who will be the first to release an ADRIFT game in 2014?

Anyone got any plans for the SpringThing or IFComp?

I've nearly got the full version of my winning 2012 Intro comp game, The Blank Wall, ready for testing.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Re: Who first?

Postby Lazzah » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:51 am

rotter wrote:So, who will be the first to release an ADRIFT game in 2014?

Well, my adventure "The Axe of Kolt" is being playtested at the moment and my playtester has reached the fourth and final chapter, so testing should be completed in the next few weeks.

I have been hoping that someone else who is reliable will offer to playtest the game, but so far the few people that have contacted me have proved to be time-wasters. As usual, they reply to my call on game-testing.org and then I never hear another word from them. It is SO depressing! :cry:

One guy has sent me a couple of sporadic reports but he is busy with his own projects and real life, so I have had to tell him that if he is unable to send me at least one playtest report a week, then I would rather him not playtest at all.

My playtester has been very thorough and is sending me at least two or three transcripts a week (sometimes MORE!), but she will not have found EVERY bug. However, one playtester is better than none at all and if I sit around waiting for another volunteer the game will never see the light of day.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby KFAdrift » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:17 am

I have a sneaking feeling that it won't be me, though I did actually make a start on something - I feel very out of my depth these days!
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Postby saabie » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:21 pm

I have a game well underway, but there is still a lot to do.
Hopefully I can get it finished in time for the spring thing.
saabie

Postby rotter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:14 pm

KFAdrift wrote:I have a sneaking feeling that it won't be me, though I did actually make a start on something - I feel very out of my depth these days!

Maybe it is time for Zack Smackfoot: Escape The Jungle Terror to be finshed?
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
rotter

Postby KFAdrift » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:52 pm

rotter wrote:Maybe it is time for Zack Smackfoot: Escape The Jungle Terror to be finshed?

Maybe, that was a game lost in the mists of time
KF
Staring harder at the screen doesn't give any more inspiration
KFAdrift
Site Admin

Postby rotter » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:26 pm

KFAdrift wrote:
rotter wrote:Maybe it is time for Zack Smackfoot: Escape The Jungle Terror to be finshed?

Maybe, that was a game lost in the mists of time

Click that link, it will be lost no more.
rotter

Postby Lumin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:05 am

I have a medium-sized puzzley game I'll be done with...soon-ish. And then there's the long overdue re-release of Aegis. That's all I'm definitely planning for the year, but there's all the usual little half-finished projects sitting around, and who knows, one might take off.
Lumin

Return to General IF