ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Oxford IF meetup

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Oxford IF meetup

Postby rotter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 am

Any UK based Drifters going to this event? It is my wife's birthday on the 2nd Feb, so I really can't go (to avoid maximum marital strife!)

Oxford IF meetup organised by Emily Short
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Re: Oxford IF meetup

Postby Lazzah » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:19 pm

rotter wrote:Any UK based Drifters going to this event? It is my wife's birthday on the 2nd Feb, so I really can't go (to avoid maximum marital strife!)

Oxford IF meetup organised by Emily Short

I could go but it would be very awkward for me. I am quite deaf and wear two hearing aids, so trying to listen to people talking in noisy environments such as a restaurant is a trial. In addition, I have an ear infection atm and this is making life even more difficult, as you can imagine. :(

My wife (who is a schoolteacher) would, however, prefer me to be out of the house on Sunday as she has loads of marking and preparation to do! I, on the other hand, can use the time to work on my games! :)
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby rotter » Mon May 26, 2014 6:04 am

I can report that I have now attended both a meet-up at London and at Oxford with the IF gang. The London meet-up was pretty amazing with 30 or so people turning up. Seemed to be variety of skills from the 'old names' to novices. But 30 people to talk about IF with, normally I can't find one! Then to the pub afterwards for a pint (only downside London beer!!!!!).

The Oxford meet-up I attended yesterday was a more select event of only 5 people. Even so an amazing flow of conversation.

Any other UK based Drifters planning to give it a go?

Link to Meetup.com site.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Postby Lazzah » Mon May 26, 2014 3:52 pm

rotter wrote:Any other UK based Drifters planning to give it a go?

Yes, I have signed up for the website, will try to get to the next one in London or Oxford if I am able to.
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Return to General IF