ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

IF Comp

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

IF Comp

Postby Campbell » Thu May 22, 2014 12:49 pm

So.... is anyone thinking about entering IF Comp this year?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Re: IF Comp

Postby Lazzah » Thu May 22, 2014 1:30 pm

Campbell wrote:So.... is anyone thinking about entering IF Comp this year?

I would if I could, but I can't so unfortunately I won't be. :(

My latest ADRIFT game "the Axe of Kolt" (coming soon folks!) is a re-make of a title previously released on the Sinclair spectrum in 1990, so is disqualified. If, however, I'd originally written it in French, for example, and translated it into English, it WOULD be eligible. :whistle:

I hope to have a brand-new game started in the not-too-distant-future which I hopefully will be entering for next year's IF Comp. :yeah:
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby Campbell » Thu May 22, 2014 1:33 pm

Yeah, that's a shame, it would be a great way of bringing a new audience to your game. You could always just change the title and see if anyone noticed... :whistle:
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby Lazzah » Thu May 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Campbell wrote:Yeah, that's a shame, it would be a great way of bringing a new audience to your game. You could always just change the title and see if anyone noticed... :whistle:

Oh Campbell! How could you suggest I do such a thing?!

Hmmm...thinks....COULD I get away with it....? :roll:

No, not really. I know if at least one regular on the IF Forum who played all my original games on the Spectrum. I would get rumbled for sure! :haha:
The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust, The Lost Children, Run, Bronwynn, Run, The Call of the Shaman, The Lost Labyrinth of Lazaitch, Magnetic Moon, Starship Quest, Revenge of the Space Pirates
Lazzah

Postby P/o Prune » Fri May 23, 2014 8:29 pm

I thought about it, but then decided against it. For the same reason I haven't joined the other years...
(if anyone remember the debate between David, myself, and Duncan)
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Postby David Whyld » Fri May 23, 2014 9:09 pm

Funnily enough, the very rule that caused so much debate isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules as far as I can see. But I doubt that means it's been taken out as the new organiser is the same guy who got the rule introduced in the first place (i.e. he entered a game with some bugs in it then complained that he wasn't allowed to update it to get rid of them - test it better next time, I say) so I'm not holding out any hope the rule is gone.

I suspect Twine games will dominate the IFComp this year and, after their recent success in the Spring Thing, Choose Your Story games. Parser-based games will probably be in a real minority.
David Whyld

Postby Campbell » Sun May 25, 2014 8:49 am

You still boycotting it David, or are you entering an I7 game?
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby David Whyld » Sun May 25, 2014 9:03 am

Still boycotting it while the rule's in place.
David Whyld

Return to General IF