ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Making my collection available for everyone

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Re: Making my collection available for everyone

Postby David Whyld » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Maybe you could just post a list somewhere of all the games in your collection. That way, if there's something in there people are after, they can contact you about it.
David Whyld

Postby ParadoxGames » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:06 pm

can you poost a list?
ParadoxGames

Postby Po. Prune » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:25 pm

If Davis can't, I can :yeah:
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby Peter Pears » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:25 pm

How's this for a seriously late reply?

A list would be hard to keep updated, harder to generate. I've had some people PM me asking "Do you have so-and-so? I've looked for it but the links are down". And I did. I expect that's as much as I can do.

The beauty of the system I had was that it was easy to maintain. I just synched my whole collection over to MegaUpload, and added exception filters where appropriate.

Anything that takes more dedication than that is something I'm likely to stop doing in the long run...
Peter Pears

Postby ElliotM » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:57 pm

So disappointed people complained about your collection. Doesn't preserving digital heritage mean anything to those people?
ElliotM

Postby Peter Pears » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Not that I was told, but it's possible that it had to do with my inclusion of Sub-Q games. It was a while before I realised I was breaching something by doing that.

Of course, for some people it's easier to report and have the whole thing taken down than to let me know so that I'd just remove them. A couple of authors specifically asked that I not list their games, and one of them even said not to include any of his future games. I was respecting their wishes up until someone brought out the sledgehammer.
Peter Pears

Previous

Return to General IF