ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Website down

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Website down

Postby wrrlykam » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:28 pm

New laptop and I've popped over to get a new clean install and the site appears to be down. I wonder if it being updated or have the servers gone snaffu?

UPDATE: I managed to source a copy of the update via the wayback machine. I'm seeing a 500 and 404 error messages if those codes help.
wrrlykam

Re: 5.0.35 out now

Postby Campbell » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:45 am

I'm still waiting to hear back from my web hosting support. I haven't changed anything, so looks like they've altered something on the server that the site doesn't like.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Re: 5.0.35 out now

Postby Campbell » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:54 am

Finally got to the bottom of it. They'd moved my website onto a different server, but their perl executable was in a different location. That would have been easy to figure out if they'd allow us to view the server error logs, but for "security reasons" they don't, so I was a bit stumped. All good now tho.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Re: Website down

Postby wrrlykam » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:51 am

Brill. Thanks, it is great to have a peek through the site, as I haven't been on for several months and I can check what has been happen with the newer updates I've missed.
wrrlykam

Return to General IF