ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

What will it take to get you to beta test?

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Re: What will it take to get you to beta test?

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:48 am

Oh, Holy Mary, sweet mother of Jesus... Myst is back!!! :claps:
What took you so long? :wink:
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Postby DarkFantasy2017 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Thanks a lot for the welcome! I really love ADRIFT as both a playing platform and authoring system, so it's great to be here. I think that Mystery has brought up a lot of excellent points as well. While I have not yet had any of my work reviewed by others (I am so self-critical during alpha testing that I usually wind up abandoning my projects so they lie fallow, like clockworks cast from Hephaestus' forge), I found the post informative and I am sure it will help when I am ready to share my current project.
DarkFantasy2017

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:35 pm

DarkFantasy2017:
Don't be too self-critical :wink: You have to let your game out there some time. This is why beta testing is so important and I can't think of a better place to look for beta testers than here where people are working with Adrift. If you ever get to the point of wanting a game tested don't be afraid to ask for testers, ok?
Po. Prune

Postby DarkFantasy2017 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 am

I will, thank you. I am working on a game right now that has two distinct versions (one of them is standard IF, one that is AIF), so I will be sharing both versions of the project when they are completed. It's going to take a long while, as I have a full time job, a girlfriend, and a not-yet-totally-dead social life, but I am really looking forward to getting some help finally bringing my work to life so it can be shared with the broader community.
DarkFantasy2017

Postby Po. Prune » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:24 am

DarkFantasy2017 wrote:It's going to take a long while, as I have a full time job, a girlfriend, and a not-yet-totally-dead social life, but I am really looking forward to getting some help finally bringing my work to life so it can be shared with the broader community.

Join the club. :wink:
I believe most of us here is in the same situation you are. It's unfortunate that real life takes up so much time, isn't it? :wink:
Oh, and don't worry if your game takes longer than forever and a day :blush: I've been working on my game D-Day since Adrift 4 was still the thing to use. :shock:
Po. Prune

Previous

Return to General IF