ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

What are you working on in 2017

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

What are you working on in 2017

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:41 am

Well, might as well make this a tradition...
What are you working on this year... But this time (hopefully) I will add a list of all the games actually released during the year. And shame upon the poor sod who fails to release at least one of his/her announced games. :wink:
D-Day V.5 in progress 79Kb so far (slowly getting there)
Anno 1700 in progress 111Kb
Po. Prune

Re: What are you working on in 2017

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:51 am

Let me be the first to start then.
I'm working on a few games...

1: D-Day: which I have been working on for several years now. It's not entirely my fault that it hasn't been released yet. I've had to sart over a few times and also have to rewrite the game due to one or two of the V.5 updates. Will it be released this year? I seriously doubt it. But it's my plan to finish a couple of other games and then concentrate 100% on this one.

2: Anno 1700 (The Louisiana Mystery) First part is done and has been tested (Thank you Denk :thanks: ) Working on the second part.

3: The Beginners game (working title) Entry to the "Beginners game compo.
Po. Prune

Postby Lazzah » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:35 pm

The last of my fantasy adventures, "Run, Bronwynn, Run! " - a standalone game in the Alaric Blackmoon world - is being playtested at the moment.

"Magnetic Moon ", is my current WIP. It was the first in the Mike Erlin sci-fi series and will be followed by "Starship Quest" and "Revenge of the Space Pirates ".
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby Denk » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:10 pm

I am currently working on the 3rd episode of The Bash Saga called "Stone of Wisdom". I think it will be ready for testing this summer. It is a rather small adventure, around 45 locations.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out now: The Royal Puzzle, The Way Home & The Dragon Diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denk

Postby rotter » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:21 pm

My ADRIFT 5 game "The Blank Wall" is about finished and may get released this year (or I could wait until next years SpringThing comp). I also have an Inform 7 game, "Word of the Day", currently being tested. I have a couple of good ideas for the Beginners Comp but not sure I will have time to finish by the deadline.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Postby Hensman Int'l » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:25 am

I'm not dead yet! - That said, I have no idea if I will get any time to work on any of the multiple WIP's in my docket.
Officially and Fully Released:
The Fly Human (v.4) - 2010
Brain Dead Weekend (v.4) - 2011
Hensman Int'l

Postby Po. Prune » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Hensman Int'l wrote:I'm not dead yet! - That said, I have no idea if I will get any time to work on any of the multiple WIP's in my docket.

Good to know you're still among the living... :wink:
Still remember that game I tested for you.. Would love to see more.
Po. Prune

Postby Jimpuppy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:19 pm

I am working on "Fountain Of Youth", a comedy/historical fiction adventure where you play as James Nolton, a novice explorer trying to get famous.
:x :haha:
Jimpuppy

Postby Po. Prune » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Jimpuppy wrote:I am working on "Fountain Of Youth", a comedy/historical fiction adventure where you play as James Nolton, a novice explorer trying to get famous.

Is this your first work?
Po. Prune

Postby Lumin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 am

If I can just settle on a simple enough premise I might throw something together over a weekend just for the hell of it. I've used ADRIFT for so long, I really feel like I should at some point in my life have something passable to show for it, 13 years too late or not.
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby Po. Prune » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:53 am

Lumin wrote:If I can just settle on a simple enough premise I might throw something together over a weekend just for the hell of it. I've used ADRIFT for so long, I really feel like I should at some point in my life have something passable to show for it, 13 years too late or not.

Throw away, Lumin, throw away... :yeah: It's never too late... :wink:
Po. Prune

Postby David Whyld » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:26 am

My game for the Beginner's Comp is one called Trick or Treat about some kids who go trick or treating at a crazy old man's house and get more than they bargained for. I'm not sure how suitable it is for beginners - it's so long since I was a beginner myself, that I'm not good at judging what's suitable for beginners* - but I'm quite enjoying writing it.

* Then again, when I was a beginner, we had games with mazes, instant death, random combat, no save game facility, unfair puzzles, etc. Beginners these days have it way too easy.
David Whyld

Postby Lumin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:31 pm

David Whyld wrote:I'm not sure how suitable it is for beginners - it's so long since I was a beginner myself, that I'm not good at judging what's suitable for beginners* - but I'm quite enjoying writing it.

I think anything not designed for mobile is considered unapproachable by newbies these days anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby Lazzah » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:52 pm

David Whyld wrote:Then again, when I was a beginner, we had games with mazes, instant death, random combat, no save game facility, unfair puzzles, etc. Beginners these days have it way too easy.

Too right! Blimey David, for once there's something we BOTH agree on!!! :shock:

I am not entering this comp due to lack of time. I look forward to seeing your entry, am I correct in thinking that we will need the v.4 Runner installed on our computers if we want to play your entry?
OUT NOW: The Lost Children
Current W.I.P.: Magnetic Moon
Also available: The Axe of Kolt, The Spectre of Castle Coris, The Fortress of Fear, Die Feuerfaust - The Fist of Fire
Lazzah

Postby David Whyld » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:27 pm

The v5 Runner should work for it. In theory anyway. It's not finished so I haven't tested it properly yet so I can't say for certain how smoothly it will run with the v5 Runner, but hopefully it won't mess things up too badly. Once I've finished it, I'll run it through the v5 Runner and see how it goes.

You really ought to have the v4 Runner installed anyway, though. There are a lot of very good v4 games out there which would probably blow up if you tried using the v5 Runner with them.
David Whyld

Next

Return to General IF