ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Play Online not working?

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Play Online not working?

Postby Lumin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:30 am

Tried it with multiple games, both .blorb and .taf, and it just attempts to load forever. Anyone else experiencing this?

If online play is just broken then add that to the list of not-the-greatest-for-attracting-new-people issues with the site...
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Re: Play Online not working?

Postby Campbell » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:42 pm

It's because the play server is still my personal machine, which has crashed recently, I think because of the dodgy Spectre patch which is making my CPU go nuts.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Postby rotter » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:19 pm

Campbell wrote:It's because the play server is still my personal machine, which has crashed recently, I think because of the dodgy Spectre patch which is making my CPU go nuts.

Is it not possible to share the load somehow? Does it only work on a Windows OS?
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Postby Lumin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Campbell, what's the issue with the computer exactly? It's a long shot, but if it was recent and you're using Malwarebytes you might have been hit by the massive memory leak they included with a recent update. It is really really easy to mistake that for your computer abruptly crapping itself. (Ask me how I know... :roll: )
Currently working on: Nada. Zip. Zilch. [Check this space later.]
Lumin

Postby Campbell » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:01 am

Nah I checked that one. May actually be a fault with the CPU or motherboard. May need to take it to the shop which is a first for me!

And yeah rotter, it only works on Windows running IIS.
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Return to General IF