ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Fabularium Android app

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Re: Fabularium Android app

Postby Lumin » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:57 am

DazaKiwi wrote:My PC and Fone aren't on speaking terms at times, often my usb port bugs out when i plug in my fone or the fone connects and is charging but won't show up in file explorer. Would be nice for an option to import from something like dropbox, i might have to suggest that to the dev.

You can download tag or blorb files onto the phone too. Fabularium lets you pull them from the Downloads folder. I even tested it with a .zip file of Lazzah's games I had in Google drive, the app let me unzip and then add them to the game list.

Gonna get Tingalan later and see if there's an upper limit to file sizes it can load.
Lumin

Postby DazaKiwi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 am

Ok cool i will give that a go! Thanks :)

I used google drive app on my fone and was able to download my game. However i don't think Fab can open Blorb files? which is a shame as it means no music and art can be include then. When I add it via selecting it and pressing the the 3 dot icon top right for options and choose Add to Game Library (auto) - it gave me a message saying couldn't add file check log.
Last edited by DazaKiwi on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DazaKiwi

Postby Lumin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:34 am

DazaKiwi wrote:Ok cool i will give that a go! Thanks :) What app did you use to download the file from google drive to your fone or did you use the fone's web browser?

Just the regular way with the browser. Fabularium has a way to access your phone's download folder.
Lumin

Postby DazaKiwi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:44 am

Oh you replied before i could amend my message :) as i worked out a way lol Fab doesnt accept Blorbs though :(
Last edited by DazaKiwi on Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
DazaKiwi

Postby Lumin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:46 am

I've gotten blorbs to work. Just a quick visual guide here.

Go to Explore and then select Downloads...

Check the box by the game file and then go up to options to add it to your game list. If it's a zipped file you'll have an option to extract it. (That is a blorb file there but it's blocked by the drop down box)

Then just go to Play and start the game. (if you're playing 6SB take a moment to pray to every god you know before attempting to read the books in the library from mobile...)

e: hmm, sounds like you did the same thing so idk. Might just try again or try redownloading it. The only time I've gotten that error was when I went into a zip file and tried to add the file from inside it without extracting it first.
Lumin

Postby DazaKiwi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:59 am

Thanks for that Lumin :)

*Update: I tried to re-download the blorb and it still wont accept it. I tried the taf version of my game and it for some reason thought it was version 4 of Adrift and ran initially before giving an error when i entered a command. I downloaded it again and this time it had v5 next to it, and i loaded it in and when i go to run it- white screen for a split second before going back to list.

It might be support for Adrift 5 hasn't been tested extensively on Fab and is too buggy? I have the latest version which is 1.4.1

I downloaded Six Silver Bullets blorb and was able to load that and it looks to be running ok...hmm..
DazaKiwi

Postby Lumin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Yeah that is strange, but I haven't tested it very many games yet.

It does have some option about resetting Adrift 5 file, I've never used it but maybe that does point to potential bugginess there still.
Lumin

Postby snehalpatil2391 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 pm

Any version of android works even the newer ones with the funky window setup. And yes char window works. The difficulty was seeing the map window but the newer updates have zoom that helps a lot. Sorry I didn't answer sooner been busy. Hope that helps
snehalpatil2391

Postby Lumin » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Snehalpatil (lol that name is a mouthful...) are you the dev for the app?
Lumin

Postby DazaKiwi » Tue May 28, 2019 12:09 am

I did some basic tests with Fabularium and Adrift 5 today and I can confirm in Fab sound IS supported in mp3 format and images, however GIFs only display the first frame no animation (which in Adrift Runner does animate GIFs but only appears in the dedicated graphics window ONLY).

Secondary window frames using <window name> Fab does not display any other custom windows like Runner does (but runner really only works with 1 window adding more windows causes glitches with them) with the <window name> command, but Fab will display the window contents in the main window which is good.
DazaKiwi

Postby Lumin » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:56 pm

This is a bit frustrating. Although I suppose it's another incentive to upgrade my phone.
Lumin

Previous

Return to General IF