ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

We're famous

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

We're famous

Postby P/o Prune » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:30 pm

Just letting you know that I have been kontaktet by a guy from the Royal Danish Library, Denmark :shock:
The guy works for the department of digital culture heritage and he is currently collecting, registering and preserving Danish computer games.
So, just so you know, Adrift is now a part of the Royal Danish Library … What do you say? :yeah:
I think it's pretty neat. :wink:
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Re: We're famous

Postby Campbell » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:50 pm

Interesting. What was his route to that? Did you do a Danish version of any games?
ADRIFT Developer developer.
Campbell
Site Admin

Re: We're famous

Postby P/o Prune » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:57 pm

No I didn't (I wouldn't mind making a Danish game, but we have those crazy extra letters æ ø å and I'm not sure how to implement them.

This is what he wrote: (Google Translate, so be warned :? )

Hi Finn.

I write from the Department of Digital Heritage at Det Kgl. Library where I work on collecting, registering and preserving Danish computer games.

I can see that you and Kenneth Pedersen have been active developers of IF / Teksteventyr for a number of years, so I want to make sure that I have registered and downloaded all your games.
Do you happen to have any contact details on Kenneth? I would also appreciate information about other Danish text adventure developers you may know in the environment. I am currently. in contact with Thomas Bøvith (teksteventyr.dk), Peter Ravnholt (fabletreeproductions.dk) and Jacob Gunness (solutionarchive.com).
D-Day in progress 86Kb (Slowly drifting)
Just a Fairy Tale: 97kb
P/o Prune
Site Admin

Return to General IF