ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Sample - Opening to 'Red Snow'

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Postby quantumdaimon » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:30 pm

This is a sample of my opening sequence for my first 'real' game. I discovered that the 3rd person POV in ADRIFT was present as opposed to past tense, so I have to make major changes anyway, and I thought I'd get some improvement advice.

--A flake of snow danced in the air before his eyes. Although snow was to be expected this time of year, Seaton was concerned. In this district, he knew, a single flake would easily become an avalanche, destined to prevent anyone from their course. He pulled his cloak tightly around his neck as a gust of chilling wind broke around him, and his mare, Arianna, shook beneath him. Seaton Ferris was in his early thirties, a tall man with shoulder-length hair, as dark as that of a raven.--

The main character's description is still in need of extension, as soon as I figure out how he looks.
quantumdaimon

Postby Mercury » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:41 pm

Edited By Mercury on 06 Aug. 2002 at 13:03
Mercury

Postby quantumdaimon » Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:03 pm

Thanks for that, Merc. Hopefully I'll be able to reach the same standard from an alternate POV. :D
quantumdaimon

Return to General IF