ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

Non-stop writing challenge/contest

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Postby Mut » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:09 am

Mut- I really hope you are making a game.

I'm trying. It's not being made with Adrift (I'm sorry!), but rather with Nicky's MACK. The game is Kalazar, and I announced it some time ago as my first Adrift game. Things didn't quite work out, though, and so I'm making it a multichoice. I think it lets me concentrate a lot more on the writing aspects than the functionality.

I posted too many damn stories and now I can't decide which one to enter...

I've got the same problem. I'm thinking it'll be "Gina", but it would be great if I could get some other people's opinions.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson (1937-2005)
Mut

Postby ds490 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:21 am

Mut, all of yours were great.
I'd say the best were Gina, Pyre, and Simon. The latter two were insane 'trips' (for lack of a better word), while Gina is sort of a statement about life.

We all strive to find happiness, to find success, to become complete. Success is a lie, and completeness a myth, so what then do we live for?

So I guess I'm saying 'Enter Gina'.
~ ds490
ds490

Postby Mut » Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:33 am

Thankee much for that. I'll look back over all of yours (there are quite a few) and pick my favorite in a little bit, but right now I'm gonna' watch GoldenEye. The night is still young! Or is that the "morning"? :p
Mut

Postby Mut » Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:39 am

Alright, Ds, after careful consideration, it's my opinion that you should submit Death Row. I believe that out of all of them, it elicited the greatest emotional response. My Best Friend was a close second.

Of course, the final decision's up to you.
Mut

Postby ds490 » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:19 pm

I've narrowed it down to My Best Friend and Death Row
I like both of them... :/
Thanks for your opinion, Mut. I'm not discarding My Best Friend, though. Anyone else have a suggeston?
~ ds490
ds490

Postby ds490 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:53 pm

Does anyone else plan on entering any stories? If not then maybe we should do the poll already...
~ ds490
ds490

Postby Mut » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:04 pm

I second that.
Mut

Postby En Kerklaar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:13 pm

I've been following this thread from the start, have read a good deal of the stories, and I just have to say, I'm impressed. I hope all of you are making games/will make more games. And because it looks like the contest may be wrapping up soon, I did up my own entry. With that out of the way, I can go back to concentrating on my article for the newsletter, which I'm having a rough go with, but should be in to you soon, Woodfish. Anyway, without further ado...

Don’t Believe Us. Believe In Yourself.

“And careful consideration of the facts leads us to believe that somewhere along the line, we will all, every one of us, be initiated into a secret brotherhood of tiny, diminutive mole-men who live beneath the mansions of wealthy people everywhere.” His lecture finished, the professor looks out over his class and smiles.

“Um, teach,” says a student, raising his hand.

“Yes. You there, with the eyebrows.”

“Um, teach.” The student pauses. “What in the hell are you talking about, teach?” His classmates nod and giggle quietly amongst themselves.

“Well,” says the professor. “What I’m talking about is this.” And then he pulls out a Death Ray Blaster and incinerates the student in his desk.

The class goes quiet all of a sudden.

“Haha!” shrieks the professor, ripping off his face to reveal a green, tentacled alien one. “I am not your professor, but rather Zog, Destroyer of Worlds and Universities!”

The class blinks.

“I fooled you, didn’t I? With my unsurpassed knowledge of your earth gynecology, I fooled you! C’mon, tell me I didn’t fool you!”

“Well actually,” says one student, twisting her hair around her fingers, “you didn’t fool us.”

Zog is visibly shocked. “What? How did I not fool you?”

“Well for one, this is a genealogy class. Gynecology is something… else.”

Zog snorts. “Says you.”

“And second of all, what in the hell do mole men have to do with anything?”

“No! I don’t believe you!” So saying, he incinerates the student with his Death Ray Blaster.

The rest of the class makes a beeline for the fire exit. But Zog incinerates them.

“Ha!” he shouts. “I win! I always win!” He goes on to waste the rest of the university’s student body. Then he stands in the middle of the physics department, head hung, hands dangling at his sides.

“I’m so lonely,” he says, fiddling with his Death Ray Blaster.
En Kerklaar

Postby ds490 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:17 pm

Cool.
~ ds490
ds490

Postby Woodfish » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:29 pm

*lol* I vote for En Kerklaar's!
Woodfish
Woodfish

Postby ds490 » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:48 pm

*threatens Woodfish with a wooden shoe*
I hope you're being sarcastic...

So I guess, usless someone else is going to submit, Echo *ahem* can post the poll. I choose "Death Row" as my entry.
~ ds490
ds490

Postby En Kerklaar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:51 pm

*lol* I vote for En Kerklaar's!

Thank you, Woodfish.

*threatens Woodfish with a wooden shoe*
I hope you're being sarcastic...

But thanks especially to you.

I hope I'm being sarcastic.
Why can't you eat soup in the Matrix? Because there is no spoon!
En Kerklaar

Postby Mut » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:56 pm

Riiiiiiiiight. All sarcasm aside, everybody should probably choose which of their stories to submit. Unless, of course, they only wrote one. Then it's kinda' obvious.

I choose "Gina" for mine.
Mut

Postby Woodfish » Thu Aug 08, 2002 5:57 pm

Hmmm... I wonder if now I've praised his story, En Kerklaar might hurry up and send in his peice for the newsletter... ho hum... :D
Woodfish
Woodfish

Postby En Kerklaar » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:50 pm

Good idea. :D

It's almost done. Unfortunately, I have to go to work shortly, so I won't get it done and to you until later today. But I promise that later today is when you will get it.
Why can't you eat soup in the Matrix? Because there is no spoon!
En Kerklaar

PreviousNext

Return to General IF