ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

National Novel Writing Month - Sign ups available

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Postby TDS » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:18 pm

I know most people are busy creating games, but National Novel Writing Month is November and it may still interest some of you. You can sign up and talk on the forums now. It just opened yesterday. Even if you're not going to participate, please get the message to someone that may be interested. Thanks.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/
TDS

Postby David Whyld » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:57 pm

I browsed through the forum but haven't registered yet. I registered on a few novel writing forums before, talked about my works in progress, and then found my interesting waning and promptly disappeared.

The target of 50,000 words a month was kind of interesting, though. 1,667 words a day. I wonder what that would translate to in an Adrift game?

EDIT: just checked. 1,667 words in Adrift works out at roughly 3 KB. So if you wrote 1,667 words into the Adrift Generator every day for a month, you'd have written roughly a 90 KB game.

Edited By David Whyld on 1159901951
##################################

In progress: Shadows of the Mind 87k and counting. ETA: sometime in 2018.
David Whyld

Return to General IF