ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Postby TDS » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:33 pm

It's here! The site is a little slow though, so for the uninitiated, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. It is a contest in which--you guessed it--you write a novel within the space of a month. It officially started yesterday. I know it's a day after, but it is worth trying out, even if you don't have a plot. (In fact, there's a book that deals with this non-problem.) If you don't want to write a novel, try a novella, or if you don't want to write at all, just check it out. It's a neat little event.
TDS

Postby Seciden Mencarde » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Of course it's here! Why are you wasting your time on the forum when you could be writing? For that matter, why am I?

Well, I guess I should be allowed some leniency having passed the 7,000 mark already...

If you're going to do it, this is THE year to do it. Five weekends! Thanksgiving holiday! An extra hour (for the Americans)! And now it's time to return to my novel... :yeah:

Edited By Seciden Mencarde on 1225657096
~ Velly

Works in progress (estimated release): Forest House Trilogy (Summer 2011), Tenebrae Semper (Fall 2011), Castle Hyperion (Summer 2012)

Music
Seciden Mencarde

Postby Sprite » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:54 am

I'm frightened!

NaNoWriMo is way too intimidating for me ;)
Do you know who I am?!

I've forgotten...
Sprite

Postby djchallis » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 am

Same.
Plus I get the impression my lecturers wouldn't approve of me having another distraction.
Game in the works - Project Clocks - on hold for a bit.
Game finished - I am the Law for the OddComp. Looking forward to finishing Clocks so I can show what I can really do!
Current focus - Some microIF. Short experiments to test ideas and actually release something!
djchallis

Postby BlackMaster » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:21 am

Participated, and made it a point to verify my novel at the stroke of twelve on the 25th. Lolz, back from the dead for one post, only to die again...
Si quieres hablarme en español, dale, pero no esperas que yo hablaré perfectamente. Es mi segunda idioma...

This newbie tolerates no administrative abuse. Do not ban on pain of pain... In exchange, I promise not to deserve it.
BlackMaster

Return to General IF