ADRIFT Forum

The place to discuss the ADRIFT Interactive Fiction toolkit

it's going to rain

The place to chat about ideas, writing, this forum, or anything related to Interactive Fiction that isn't specific to ADRIFT.

Please also visit the Interactive Fiction Community Forum for further discussions.

Postby jankupila » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:54 pm

My player wakes up, examines a sofa, finds remote control to tv, go's to another room and get's batteries to remote control, opens tv with it. In tv comes weather forecast, it says it 's going to rain. Player has to take laundry from outside to in the house, so that it doesn't get wet. But what my player do with the dry laundry? Any ideas?
Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while
the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
jankupila

Postby jankupila » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:49 pm

I thought a little and I decided to as follows: The player take his working clothes from laundry, and goes to work. He is a piccolo in hotel, but he is also a thief, who steals costomers jewelry and so on..
Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs, while
the Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the Universe is winning.
jankupila

Postby DCBSupafly » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm

What is a piccolo? He plays the instrument?

Why does he have to do all that laundry stuff before he leaves?
DCBSupafly

Postby jankupila » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Piccolo is a a man in hotel who carries customers suitcases to rooms. And the laundry system is just because it was so funny to code.

Edited By Icefall on 1298056166
jankupila

Postby DCBSupafly » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

fair enough!
DCBSupafly

Re: it's going to rain

Postby rotter » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:53 am

I like the idea of a hotel working who is a thief - stealing costomers stuff etc. Could have loads of fun writting a game on that subject. But, what has the laundry got to do with him being a thief? I can't see how that would fits into the story.

Can't say I've heard of a hotel worker called a Piccolo though.
Currently working on "The Blank Wall" in ADRIFT 5 and "Again and Again" in Inform 7.
Delron, the home of Otter Interactive Fiction.
rotter

Re: it's going to rain

Postby NickyDude » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:05 am

I don't think it is: Piccolo
ImageI reject your reality and substitute my own...
NickyDude

Return to General IF